Posts: 148 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Stimutax, AZ

My thoughts on keyboards since day one has been:

1) a slim keyboard (and maybe an integrated extra battery too) that is the thickness and width of a 770, but only about an inch or so tall so it can slide into the cover with the 770 hanging out the top like this:
PHP Code:
:

|             |
 ||   
770       ||
 ||             ||
 | ------------- |
 | 
Keyboard Here |
 \
B) Same concept as #1 above, but the keyboard is built as part of the cover across the front so that when the 770 is protected, it goes in all the way, but when the 770 is flipped around it only slides in up to the keyboard.

Where the third parties at?

Well, now we have the answer, straight from Ari Jaaksi's blog :
http://jaaksi.blogspot.com/

"We studied Samsung Nexio while designing 770. I wonder what happened to the Nexio."

:-)

Posts: 192 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Eugene, Oregon
Originally Posted by fpp
from Ari Jaaksi's blog :http://jaaksi.blogspot.com/
"We studied Samsung Nexio while designing 770. I wonder what happened to the Nexio."
the Nexio wasn't widely available. It sold for US$1249 without accessories. Its OS was Windows CE. The Origami, if/when it appears, will sell for about $800 according to estimates I've read. What will the primary effect of the Origami be for device manufacturers trying to design & build handheld devices running Microsoft's OS? Hey, that's easy - it will kill their products and their zeal to ever build a device with a Microsoft OS again.

How many handheld devices with Microsoft OS's have failed? Virtually all of them. Why? They're too expensive, they are based on a proprietary OS & tools, they are designed to prolong the overdue death of the PC.

Here's a hilarious video about how Microsoft's repackaging of the iPod might take place.