Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by Deaconclgi View Post
Turns out the reason I couldnt install it was because my deb file was corrupt. I downloaded it again and now everthing works. My only gripe now is that it seems to be the shareware version. I have Quake Trilogy so I was using my files for the other sdlquake MMC and it would load the full game from my quake folder. How can I get this version to load my pak files?

Thank you a million for all of your help and to anyone else that can help.
Put your pak files in /opt/sdlquake/lib/sdlquake/id1/

Sorry for bumping this thread but I have a problem with this quake version:
I have a french N900 (AZERTY keyboard) and there is no UP and DOWN keys, FN + RIGHT/DOWN don't work in sdlquake so I can perfectly start a new game and play once I remaped the in-game keys for my keyboard layout but i can't navigate in the menus without changing my keyboard layout to English, wich is boring, so is there a trick to remap menus keys for quake ?

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, United Kingdom
on a completely unrelated note, i still have nightmares about the Vores from Q1. and that's no joke.

Could someone PLEASE help me out?

I've installed sdlquake, and everything is fine except one thing. I go into the menu to change the controls but there's no key that takes me back to the main menu so I can't start a game with customized controls...

I've tried all keys, and I've looked in the autoexec.cfg... no joy!!

How do I go back to the main menu after customizing the controls in the options menu?

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Texas
shift + backspace or fn + backspace

The Following User Says Thank You to Cobra For This Useful Post:
Thanks but that doesn't work for me... that works for you? Keyboard is US layout?

anyone figure out how to save games ob sdl quake?

2d

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by Megaltariak View Post
Put your pak files in /opt/sdlquake/lib/sdlquake/id1/

Sorry for bumping this thread but I have a problem with this quake version:
I have a french N900 (AZERTY keyboard) and there is no UP and DOWN keys, FN + RIGHT/DOWN don't work in sdlquake so I can perfectly start a new game and play once I remaped the in-game keys for my keyboard layout but i can't navigate in the menus without changing my keyboard layout to English, wich is boring, so is there a trick to remap menus keys for quake ?
You bug the developer until he does this
http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/...Locale_Problem. That's how it got into UQM and PrBoom.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 178 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Texas
quake 2 from extras-devel wont run on pr1.2? any ideas of how to get it to work?

Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
I have Quake 2 working fine on PR1.2
Did you copy pak0.pak from original game to /home/user/.quake2/baseq2 folder?

these games would be nice to play with external keyboard and mouse. is it possible to use mouse and keyboard at the same time yet ?

Tags
accelerometer, hardware, quake 1, quake 2, remastered