Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
@chenliangchen Maybe contacting @cybette on Twitter/TJC might get some results.
Thanks that might be the final option. I just posted a question on TJC just see if anyone else knows how long it takes.

Jolla care stopped replying my questions again, and they still did not do anything.

If they did are in trouble, some friendly and respectful responses won't hurt. But they failed to do so.

The Following User Says Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Thanks that might be the final option. I just posted a question on TJC just see if anyone else knows how long it takes.

Jolla care stopped replying my questions again, and they still did not do anything.

If they did are in trouble, some friendly and respectful responses won't hurt. But they failed to do so.
Could you please post the link to the TJC question? I couldn't find it.

And are they replying now? Since they are not replying to me (I've had a warranty repair on hold - as my wish they had no problem with - until I move to different country and can send it from there, but now I contacted them again and got no reply for days).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Err, this one?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
There are many problems regarding Jolla and warranty repairs.
It doesn't really make sense to count anymore.
But, they are into serious trouble if someone takes these to the right legal instances. That much is for sure.
They are in trobke in so many ways the way they handle this. They are in EU and they are breaking the law/consumer rights in more ways than I care to count.

Edit: Jolla needs to read this, really.

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens...s/index_en.htm

Last edited by nieldk; 2015-09-27 at 10:51.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
I'm just glad my phone has never developed any faults.
Make me wonder if it's time to sell, I hate the thought that there is no spare parts available!
Also this doesn't bode well for the tablet ( when I get it... around Xmas haha)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tommo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
This sounds quite serious now. I will probably PM Carol just asking the general status of Jolla care. Maybe they are indeed facing some troubles but if we are informed and know their excuses I guess most of us will understand.

But keeping customers in the dark does not good to both side, especially is dangerous to themselves as well...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Contacting Carol is a great idea.

It all seems pretty weird to me - all my interactions with the Jolla Care had been very positive, until now. They always had been very responsive, helpful and offering me to send my phone in if there are any problems.

Pretty much the only problem I ever had with my Jolla was that the phone speaker (for phone calls) stopped working. The warranty repair was very fast - I had my phone back in a matter of days. The only problem is that the speaker quality is quite bad now, so they offered me to send it back in once I move and I'm able to do it.

That's why I don't understand why they are suddenly not responding. In my case, it's just one exception among very positive experiences, but the end of my warranty is coming quite soon (being one of the first ones), so I'd really appreciate if they replied sooner than later.

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Is Tablet shipment done inhouse so they maybe are all "busy" getting it out?
Jolla has a "tendency" to not respond well if they are running at 100%.
My recent Phone order was handled with only the automatic email answer with thanks for paypal payment. then no change in status for 8 days. When i wanted to contact them i had the fedex shipment confirmation in the inbox. Delivered 3 days later.

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Jolla has a "tendency" to not respond well if they are running at 100%.
Yeah, actually, they've consumed all available resources, so their corporate OOM manager has killed some of their previously running processes.

The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by tommo View Post
I'm just glad my phone has never developed any faults.
Mine has developed most of the typical issues: SIM card holder, Loudspeaker , Antenna problem (due to repair, ) battery too loose problem, camera lens coating.

It’s been back to Finland three times and now comes with such gigantic ecological footprint that I am obliged to keep using it till it really falls apart.

But I really can’t complain about the level of service from Jolla Care so far. I feel treated in a friendly way and my request are taken seriously..(as recent as a couple of weeks ago)
Maybe repairs should have been handled quicker, maybe I had the right on replacement when reading the letter of the European consumer rights legislation but regarding warranty I felt they live up to the promise of being people (powered).

I hope they did not overstretch their service capabilities with yet another generic hardware to support (Tablet)

Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Yeah, actually, they've consumed all available resources, so their corporate OOM manager has killed some of their previously running processes.
There really should be a button for thanks for making me laugh

The Following User Says Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, screen, warranty