Active Topics

Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by Macros View Post
Has somebody tested how long the tablet lasts playing back videos?
Longer than 4 hours?
I did a test myself it was merely 4 hours (with Alien Dalvik running, but no other background process, and brightness about 40%) I want to perform another one without.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
@Kabouik:

I'm going back to China later this week to finalise the Moto keyboard Mod business. The moulding of the sliding frame plus the hinge indeed is a tough job but we are close to finish. By the time Moto Keyboard is shipping I will start kicking off Lauta-revival project.

With the all in one sliding keyboard, thickness can be greatly reduced (>7mm reduced from Moto Mods)

Rather than Pyra, I want to make a more general keyboard device for every-day use. A good looking product, and can last at least for a few years.

Planned:

- LTE Cat6 support (number of bands depend on the upfront cost. Likely to be 4 or 5 so there will be 2 versions)

- Full QWERTY support with the hinge that can lift the screen (Not exactly same as N950/Lauta but more like Touch Pro 2, you can change the angle)

- 5.0"+ screen. I know this will be a disappoint for some, but you can't find anything reliable and decent below this size, unless someone gives me 1M USD and I can develop a 4-inch decent solution myself...

- Part of the device will use metal, similar to the N950 - again I want everyone can proudly show the device unlike some chunky monsters... And the overall thickness will be controlled. Likely around 12mm. (To ensure a good sized removable battery)

- User can of course remove and replace the battery, when it dies

- Regarding OS - this requires some work and need to analyse the total cost. But I can promise bootloader won't be locked and won't only be AOSP. (Not even considering pre-load with Google service)

- By JUL/AUG when I close the Moto Keyboard project and Youyota production line starts, I will reveal more design work and pictures...
Well, this is something I definetly need.

2x N900 - both for sale, 1x in mint condition with a qwerty keyboard (with box and all accessories) and 1x in used condition with qwertz keyboard. PM me[/B]

1x N9 16GB cyan, made in Finland - for sale PM me

1x Jolla - for sale PM me

iPhone SE - lost

iPhone 7 - 128GB
Surface Pro 4 M3 - Win10 is buggy...
Lenovo Thinkpad W520 - Xubuntu
Lenovo Thinkpad X200 - Libreboot and Trisquel

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NX500 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Ok. Basically sitting on desk in airplane mode, battery is down to 79% in 40 hours. So roughly .5% per hour drain. If continued would last a little less than 200 hours or at least 8 days.
Just a brief update if anyone is interested. For case when idle and in air plane mode. Nearly 4 days (minus 6.5 hours) have passed and battery is at 52%. So losing about .53 percent battery per hour. That's about 7 and 3/4 days projected life on a single charge.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
charging perfectly for me. make sure to get good branded charger with 2A output. You just can't charge 4500 mAh battery quickly with poor power source. 4500 / 2000 = 2.25 hours to charge 0-100% with 2A charger. If you use poor charger time can be multiplied by 2-3.
Just a bit nitpicking here (won't change the end result by much) : a Lithium battery is usually 3.7V, whereas the USB is 5V.
So a "4.5Ah" lithium battery is really a 16.65Wh battery. Charged with a 2A USB source, so at 10W, this gives a 1.6 hour to charge (neglecting efficiency).

I still don't get why batteries are described by electrical charge (Ah) and not energy (Wh)...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
i hope you come through for me, Chen, as I've just dropped £26 on a lastu jolla tab case.

figured since it isn't actually navigable on their site lastu are simply clearing out old stock, so better get one while i can.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
I know you are joking, but welcome to profit reality.
https://boygeniusreport.files.wordpr...ng-768x481.jpg

Livermorium does not even need to fear the comparison, because you are doing some major things right compared to Apple, having few deciders and a clear red line for one.
You only need to take over Jolla at some point to have your own OS and BAAM, the world is yours
Actually Livermorium is not comparing with Apple at all - it's for completely different group of people.

- Apple sells toys which binds everyone into a big shared database.

- We want to build a tool that we can isolate ourselves from the big data collecting machines and use/live in our own way conveniently.

It's for different people, I don't expect iCloud users would even care about what we want to have.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Actually Livermorium is not comparing with Apple at all...
You are right. I realized how unfitting the comparison is in general.
It was ment as a compliment comparing the few good traits

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Who brought Apple in to this thread? Apple!

Unbeleivelable.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Ahhhh Accessories Bundle is now available. Well done! Placed my order right at the moment.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Chen, have you contacted lastu to see if they can knock out some of the folding covers?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tommo For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os