Active Topics

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Alexandria, VA
Hello all, I am trying to restore my data and phone life timers. I have a full backup of the phone. I tried exploring all the files in the settings.zip to see if I could find it and no dice.

About a week ago, My N9 randomly rebooted and erased everything by itself. Lucky for me I had a backup from a month prior. I restored it and it would not operate correctly. I would hang and crash and random reboot a lot after the restore.

I decided that I would copy all the files from my restore to my comp and restore them manually. I have found out that restoring the settings.zip file to the phone causes all the problems.

My question is, Is there any way to get the data/cell counter values out and put them into the new freshly flashed phone.

Thank you in advance. -Jasen

Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
I think your problem was caused by a tracker problem...

I don't understand your question but if you don't want to restore some specific (zip)folder of your backup you can delete them, delete the name of the folder in the txt file and rewrite the values and restore your backup.

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Alexandria, VA
That's how I was able to restore my contacts and messages. When I try to restore the settings.zip file, the OS becomes unstable. Like there was something in there that was causing a problem. Is there a file of the phone where this data is stored? Can I just copy or edit said file? Thanks

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
1. short answer: no.

2. long answer: with sqlite command (needs to be installed from external repositories) you can read and edit the sqlite databases, but that requires you to have hacked all capa shell, knowledge of SQL and howto edit and do database queries. So for most people its jumping back to number 1. answer.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.