Posts: 236 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ NE UK
I'd suggest adding an FAQ page under the current documentation in the maemo wiki: http://wiki.maemo.org/MADDE

Thanks for the hints re: qmaemo-ext-libs. I'll take another look this evening.

Originally Posted by rontti View Post
I think that there will be a lot of common questions that should be
answered on an FAQ page. Is there any place for that?

You could add a page in the wiki, like wiki.maemo.org/MADDE/FAQ and link there from the main MADDE page or update the existing ones.

Cheers Daniel

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by HangLoose View Post
It might be a stupid question but:

Can I use this to develop with python?
So PyMaemo, PyQt?
You don't need this for PyMaemo or PyQt - with Python there is no cross-compiling step at all.

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 90 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Manaus, Brazil
A simple question: the usage examples focus mostly on Qt examples. Does it mean that currently MADDE only supports Qt projects?

If not, how does it handle autoconf based projects? Does it run the tests using something like "sbrsh" (i.e. remotely on the device)?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lizardo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 62 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland, Kerava
Originally Posted by lizardo View Post
A simple question: the usage examples focus mostly on Qt examples. Does it mean that currently MADDE only supports Qt projects?
MADDE does support Qt projects, but also projects
that use Makefiles. Actually MADDE just do the tricks with cross-compiler. The cross-compiler is configured so that default search
paths point into the sysroot (synonym for rootstrap familiar from scratchbox. The sysroot is the term that compilers use. I have no idea where the rootstrap comes from) instead of your host system.

Originally Posted by lizardo View Post
If not, how does it handle autoconf based projects? Does it run the tests using something like "sbrsh" (i.e. remotely on the device)?
MADDE does not support any autotools or any other systems that probe information about build environment.
There are 'mad remote' interface that support devices.

Last edited by rontti; 2009-12-23 at 18:56.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rontti For This Useful Post:
Hi all,

On the Device Runtime page in the wiki, are the docs for step #1 of "Install the Client" complete ? It says:

1. Download the package from [url here]

http://wiki.maemo.org/MADDE/Device_runtime

What's the url ? I added the extras-devel catalog, but couldn't find the device runtime 'mad-developer_1.3.130_armel.deb' anywhere there. Can someone point me to what I'm missing ?

Thanks for releasing MADDE! I'm really excited about how easy Windows development is looking on this so far...

Originally Posted by sheltopusik View Post
Hi all,

On the Device Runtime page in the wiki, are the docs for step #1 of "Install the Client" complete ? It says:

1. Download the package from [url here]

http://wiki.maemo.org/MADDE/Device_runtime

What's the url ? I added the extras-devel catalog, but couldn't find the device runtime 'mad-developer_1.3.130_armel.deb' anywhere there. Can someone point me to what I'm missing ?

Thanks for releasing MADDE! I'm really excited about how easy Windows development is looking on this so far...
Sorry, nevermind about the device runtime file, I found it on the downloads page!

Originally Posted by sheltopusik View Post
Sorry, nevermind about the device runtime file, I found it on the downloads page!
Could you give me the link where you found it? Thank you.

Originally Posted by Sasler View Post
Could you give me the link where you found it? Thank you.
OK, I found it myself too. Here is the link, so that nobody else has to feel silly.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sasler For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by Sasler View Post
OK, I found it myself too. Here is the link, so that nobody else has to feel silly.
cheers

although i think i may hold out from this point - and wait to hear some experiences, i don't feel confident enough to use the dev area - even though i am trying to learn to develop - catch 22 lol

Tags
madde