Posts: 179 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Bangalore
The destination was 500 meters and 2 turns away. No one ways in that route. Why Drive wants to drive me all over beats me... Is this just a unique 'happening'?

Has anyone else experienced this?

I've installed mapsi, but no other mods or non store apps(including N9QT)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to danested For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
Mine does that, too! Unfortunately it's not a problem with N9. It's a problem with Nokia. If you go to website of nokia maps, it will direct you the same way as N9 does.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to szymeczek34 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by szymeczek34 View Post
Mine does that, too! Unfortunately it's not a problem with N9. It's a problem with Nokia. If you go to website of nokia maps, it will direct you the same way as N9 does.
Both probably use the same routing database that has faulty data for this area.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
The directions of the traffic flow can be set while creating maps, so the roads leading "straight" to that destination may be marked in the opposite direction. That's why Nokia Maps is showing you a route through the correct way and ignoring opposite directions.

Alternatively, maybe it's showing a wrong route for countries with right-handed drive. It shouldn't happen, but it can also be a reason.

However, I'm guessing some narrow and cluttered roads in your city which are used as two-way in practice are marked as one-way in the maps app, and hence the weird route.

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke

The Following User Says Thank You to flopjoke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 308 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Graveyard
*Edited. Wrong thread. Sorry.*

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Bangalore
Our country follows left hand drive though. Its quite possible that there are isses with the database because this happens frequently at this very spot.

The oddity is that maps brought me to this spot before going crazy.

Another thing to mention here is that at the point where its forming a loop, there's a legal right... Really strange for it to form that loop

The Following User Says Thank You to danested For This Useful Post:
Nothing beats a tomtom.

But yeah N9 routing is crap.

The Following User Says Thank You to rash.m2k For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Lumia 800 is superb. Not sure what happened to N9

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Lumia 800 is superb. Not sure what happened to N9
Don't be silly now Lumiaman, the Lumia is just as bad when it comes to routing as ALL the other Nokias using Nokia Maps.

The application is great, but the routing algorithm has always been crap, it's something I've moaned to Nokia directly through feedback, and to Nokia Beta Labs about for years.

Sadly not many people seem to notice this issue and Nokia Maps is constantly praised for being up there with the best navigation apps, so I doubt Nokia will ever pay it much attention.

I still use my Nokia E7 with Sygic GPS for my sat nav duties, the routing is a million miles better than Nokia Maps that just picks some ridiculous routes at times. Even on my new Nokia 808 it's still just as bad as always.

Nokia Maps gets you from A to B, just don't expect the optimum route.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tetlee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
there is a reason Nokia is not at the top of the world, it still shows that there is a Round Table Pizza by my housw that closed like 4 years ago.

Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
Don't be silly now Lumiaman, the Lumia is just as bad when it comes to routing as ALL the other Nokias using Nokia Maps.

The application is great, but the routing algorithm has always been crap, it's something I've moaned to Nokia directly through feedback, and to Nokia Beta Labs about for years.
Ya you have no idea how many times i have wrote Nokia feedback.

Last edited by balisingh; 2012-11-03 at 00:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to balisingh For This Useful Post: