Notices

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
Free doesn't mean I can freely use and distribute it. Camera+ is under the LGPL and all the bits used by it needs to have this license.

I'd really love to have own icons instead of using the icons from harmattan. That would make it easy to move to mer/nemo

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ Italy
I installed this app on my N9 (0.3 version) but when i open it "camera error. Restart the application" appears. What should i do?

Originally Posted by ThisIsZedd View Post
I installed this app on my N9 (0.3 version) but when i open it "camera error. Restart the application" appears. What should i do?
Could you please run it from a terminal ? and paste the output here?

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
is there an option to use the volume button as shutter?

edit:
where is the qtcamera.ini file located at? couldn't find it

Last edited by HtheB; 2013-03-10 at 20:33.

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
is there an option to use the volume button as shutter?

edit:
where is the qtcamera.ini file located at? couldn't find it
qtcamera.ini is in /usr/share/qtcamera/config/

Why do you need to modify it ? For N950 ?

Unfortunately using zoom button for capturing is not yet implemented. It can be done easily but how does it work in practice? Normal shutter button is a 2 level button. half press to focus and then full pres to capture. zoom button has onl one level so if you press it, image will be captured without focus. Or am I mistaken?

The Following User Says Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by MSameer View Post
qtcamera.ini is in /usr/share/qtcamera/config/

Why do you need to modify it ? For N950 ?

Unfortunately using zoom button for capturing is not yet implemented. It can be done easily but how does it work in practice? Normal shutter button is a 2 level button. half press to focus and then full pres to capture. zoom button has onl one level so if you press it, image will be captured without focus. Or am I mistaken?
Thanks!
Yes, the ''normal'' N950's doesn't have the camera button.
Well, I can first press the screen to focus, after that, I can take the picture with the volume button. (Somehow, I don't like on screen shutter button)

Hope you can add this feature!

Edit:
what are the best settings for the 12MP on the N950?

Last edited by HtheB; 2013-03-10 at 22:47.

Using N9 Button Monitor app, you can program the N9 to use the volume buttons as the camera button. The problem is that the volume buttons will always have their original function in addition to the programmed camera button function, which means that they will zoom in or out, altering the shot.

If cameraplus could bypass the normal zoom function of the volume rocker buttons, so that they could be used soley as focus-shoot camera controls, then that would be double awesome. The on-screen controls of the zoom function are plenty effective--I'd love to use the buttons just for focus and shoot.

FYI, as it is now, one approach is to program the long down press of the volume up key as the camera focus activator and the release of the button actually takes the photo. Single button press to shoot is another way.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hacker For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Thanks!
Yes, the ''normal'' N950's doesn't have the camera button.
Well, I can first press the screen to focus, after that, I can take the picture with the volume button. (Somehow, I don't like on screen shutter button)

Hope you can add this feature!

Edit:
what are the best settings for the 12MP on the N950?
Check here http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...5&postcount=52 and here http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...2&postcount=55

I really don't know which one is correct. I need to find more time to figure it out.

As for the on screen button, I hate it as well

The issue is tapping the screen is reserved for touch focus.

An idea would be using the proximity sensor too instead of the zoom. Cover proximity to capture but how do you focus? That is the question

Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
Using N9 Button Monitor app, you can program the N9 to use the volume buttons as the camera button. The problem is that the volume buttons will always have their original function in addition to the programmed camera button function, which means that they will zoom in or out, altering the shot.

If cameraplus could bypass the normal zoom function of the volume rocker buttons, so that they could be used soley as focus-shoot camera controls, then that would be double awesome. The on-screen controls of the zoom function are plenty effective--I'd love to use the buttons just for focus and shoot.

FYI, as it is now, one approach is to program the long down press of the volume up key as the camera focus activator and the release of the button actually takes the photo. Single button press to shoot is another way.
If you want to prevent camera+ from reacting to zoom key presses then you need to acquire ScaleButtonType resource via policy engine

Using zoom for capturing is not an issue. It's easy to capture an image when you press but the issue is capturing an image involves focusing.

How stock camera and camera+ work is:
- Press the shutter button and immediately release -> grabshot without focusing.
- Press the shutter button for more than 200ms -> start focusing
- Release the shutter button after pressing for more than 200ms -> capture an image regardless of the focus state.
- Move your finger out of the button regardless of how long you press -> focus operation stops and capturing never happens.

Now how do I map all the above to 1 zoom button ?

EDIT: I wonder if both buttons (zoom + and - ) can be pressed at the same time? If so then we can use one for focus and the other for capturing. It seems possible to press both on my N950 but yet to try on N9. Not sure what qmsystem will report in such case

Last edited by MSameer; 2013-03-10 at 23:43.

Originally Posted by MSameer View Post
If you want to prevent camera+ from reacting to zoom key presses then you need to acquire ScaleButtonType resource via policy engine

Using zoom for capturing is not an issue. It's easy to capture an image when you press but the issue is capturing an image involves focusing.

How stock camera and camera+ work is:
- Press the shutter button and immediately release -> grabshot without focusing.
- Press the shutter button for more than 200ms -> start focusing
- Release the shutter button after pressing for more than 200ms -> capture an image regardless of the focus state.
- Move your finger out of the button regardless of how long you press -> focus operation stops and capturing never happens.

Now how do I map all the above to 1 zoom button ?
The last step could be easily done by pressing on the screen.

So when you hold down the volume button, after the focus, if you press on the screen, it will cancel the "focus" and you need to press the volume button again to focus.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:

Tags
?where is nemo?, thank you!