Active Topics

Hello everyone. I have two N900 that suddenly died.

First one

The EMMC just needs to be reflashed. Unfortunately the microusb came out after I flashed the bootloader. Yes I reinforced the sides as per the many threads on the forum, but lo and behold, it came off during my troubleshooting.

Second one

I was charging it in the car and it just died. I don't know what happened but I believe one of the power pins shorted with the data pins. It was a modded cord where the data pins were shorted so it could charge with dumb USB plugs.

I would gladly donate these to the community for future development if my data can be extracted and sent back to me.

Please let me know if you can perform these services. It's become clear that my further troubleshooting just makes things worse.

Xealot

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Xealot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Man, if you only lived in my country, you could get someone to fix those real easy.

I have a BL-5J shaped aftermarket flashing jig for the first one, but the second one looks a bit more tricky - maybe the power management IC fried? Car power sockets are 12v IIRC, and dumb plugs don't always step down gracefully.

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
I'd like to have them donated or lent to CSSU...

If you are up for it let me know, please.

For terms: if you donate/lent them to CSSU, the devices will be handed to s/o of the CSSU team or s/o related to CSSU development.

Thanks in advance!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
where in the world are you?

The Following User Says Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Nigeria
ill take it.. just one tho..anyone..im an advanced user i can bring it back

The Following User Says Thank You to chiagn900 For This Useful Post:
@MINKIN2 - I am in North America

@chiagn900 - I am in discussions with Hurrian, but I may end up following chemist's advice and just donating the second to CSSU dev.

Thanks for your interest

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Xealot For This Useful Post:
Ok on a weird note, it seems that for the people that PM'd me, all of my responses have not been sent nor a record has been saved.

@Hurrian:

I received your PM, we can take the conversation offline if you provide another PM with an email address. Otherwise, I will need your full address for mailing of the first device.

@Fixxer: I will be donating the second device to CSSU. Hopefully it can be revived or at least used for parts.

Thanks again and sorry for the delayed response as I only realized that I apparently cannot PM out.

Xealot

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Xealot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by Xealot View Post
I only realized that I apparently cannot PM out.
Guessing you need to get your post count up a bit.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
I highly suggest you purchase an external battery charger, charge the battery, and wipe the data off the N900 before sending it.

The majority of your data is stored in plain-text and is actually never "properly" sanitized off the device even with reflashing.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post:
Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by hawaii View Post
I highly suggest you purchase an external battery charger, charge the battery, and wipe the data off the N900 before sending it.

The majority of your data is stored in plain-text and is actually never "properly" sanitized off the device even with reflashing.
I noticed that, too. Wifi passwords, etc. - all in plain text in the phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to rotoflex For This Useful Post: