Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Don't mind the size, Ipad 3 size is ok.

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
wait surface pro or simular. leave these mobile OSes behind and move forward!
Surface Pro it...... Love it so far

Buy a blackberry playbook. Currently the 64GB (yes 64GB) version has plummeted in price. I bought one for £129! The OS is nice - they seem to have borrowed a lot of swipe gestures from Meego.

Plus it will get BB10 - which means porting Qt Apps to it should be relatively straight forward.

I would definitely not recommend it at £500 - but at £129 it's an absolute steal. Rock solid build quality, top quality speakers, 1080p front and back video recording (front 3MP back is 5MP). Can run android apps on it, browser is quick, plays youtube HD stuff fine (no need for an app - although it comes with an app).

Everything is good value at the right price.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rash.m2k For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Yup, Playbook's a steal right now, recommend it too.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I have a PlayBook, love it. But the 3 minute reboots are painful.

Waiting on BB10 for it. That will make life a bit easier.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
big thanks to rash.m2k for his recommendation, I was unaware the price had dropped. I bought myself one last week and have to say it's excellent for what I need it for, which is mainly watching films, browsing etc...

I have a playbook too, and at the current prices its a absolute bargain, very tempted to buy a second one!

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I have a PlayBook, love it. But the 3 minute reboots are painful.

Waiting on BB10 for it. That will make life a bit easier.
BB10 for the playbook? o.O

Isn't BB10 more or less an evolution of Playbook OS2?

I wouldnt expect much revolutionary updates for Playbook with BB10 launching...Both of them are more or less cut from the same cloth with subtle differences...

What no love for the HP touchpad?

http://www.ebay.com/ctg/HP-TouchPad-...ica&_arm=1

You can still pick them up cheap enough now that the fire sale hype has died down and you can run the Ubuntu in chroot through webOS & dualboot android CM9 too. It is still considered to be of decent spec as well for a year old tablet.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Although it is a bit cumbersome I like the lenovo x220t which can be either laptop or tablet. I dual boot ubuntu and windows. If I didn't need MS Office for work (I call this Bill Gates curse for linux users) I would have wiped MS off but there are too many incompatibility issues with open office/libre office and ms office. The next generation of these laptop/tablets should be lighter and thinner. Hopefully windows 8 will be better...