Posts: 158 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Timisoara, Romania
5" extra-full superHD+, quad-core, 2,5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 128 GB internal, micro-SD up to 128 GB, 1.000.000 apps in Store, 3.500 mAh and, of course, creme-de-la-creme: Angry Birds Ultimate Plus with Platinum Pack.

Oops, sory, you say N9 with MeeGo ? I understand Android

The Following User Says Thank You to smcsa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
Between you and I, a lot of N9 users need to buy a FANDROIDz phone already.
Harsh.

But true.

Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
Are you insinuating that the N9 has no HW acceleration right now? Really?

So you really filed a bug report requesting that Nokia change the N9's UI to be more like EVERY OTHER UI that's out there?

Just buy a god damned Android phone already...
yes hw acceleration seems to be absent on most parts judging by the lag and waiting time

abt the every other os, I outlined the notification part only as its counter intuitive as it is. No neeed to act as if somebody effended u personally

and btw, I already have an android device

Posts: 314 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
Originally Posted by smcsa View Post
5" extra-full superHD+, quad-core, 2,5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 128 GB internal, micro-SD up to 128 GB, 1.000.000 apps in Store, 3.500 mAh and, of course, creme-de-la-creme: Angry Birds Ultimate Plus with Platinum Pack.

Oops, sory, you say N9 with MeeGo ? I understand Android
you forgot 41mp PureView...
and creme-de-la-creme: the price for similar Droid device you're moaning about would be 1200 USD
you can have pretty decent amp for that..
calm down you guys, we're talking about some 300 EURish N9 here (at least that's the price you can get brand new N9 around here)
the specs and features you'd love to see on it would make it more expensive than iPhone 5 or GS3...

Last edited by jleholeho; 2012-04-05 at 20:20.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Philadelphia
The biggest bug for me which still has not been addressed by PR1.2 is the inability to initiate a Skype call when in flight mode but connected to WiFi.

oh for ****s sake not another one of these threads...

HW acceleration is there

Why would you want the OS to copy every other OS out there with a drop down notifications centre? When you can swipe and have it...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
oh for ****s sake not another one of these threads...

HW acceleration is there

Why would you want the OS to copy every other OS out there with a drop down notifications centre? When you can swipe and have it...
you guys are unbelievable!

So would you care to tell me how fast I can resolve the following senario as fast as possible on the N9?

I am in the multitasking screen, clicked on a webpage card, while viewing the webpage, I got an sms

now, the page am reading is important to me and I don't wanna leave it. So how can I glance who sent the sms and the first few word and get back to my webpage? Assuming I missed the quick preview that lasted a second only

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by UnlimiteD3k View Post
yes hw acceleration seems to be absent on most parts judging by the lag and waiting time

abt the every other os, I outlined the notification part only as its counter intuitive as it is. No neeed to act as if somebody effended u personally

and btw, I already have an android device
What the f**k?
What hardware acceleration are you asking for? Harmattan already uses hard floating point and Thumb, and the UI uses OpenGL.
Without OpenGL, it'd be like running ICS on the G1.

Also, the notifications are truly global (just swipe!), not like on Android where some fullscreen apps disallow you from getting yer notifications (hurr.)

The lag is typical of Nokia devices.
See: Every Nokia handheld ever made.

Posts: 158 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Timisoara, Romania
Originally Posted by jleholeho View Post
you forgot 41mp PureView...
and creme-de-la-creme: the price for similar Droid device you're moaning about would be 1200 USD
you can have pretty decent amp for that..
calm down you guys, we're talking about some 300 EURish N9 here (at least that's the price you can get brand new N9 around here)
the specs and features you'd love to see on it would make it more expensive than iPhone 5 or GS3...
Just kidding. PureView on Android ? "One X has the best camera" I quotte from an fandroider blog

Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
What the f**k?
What hardware acceleration are you asking for? Harmattan already uses hard floating point and Thumb, and the UI uses OpenGL.
Without OpenGL, it'd be like running ICS on the G1.

Also, the notifications are truly global (just swipe!), not like on Android where some fullscreen apps disallow you from getting yer notifications (hurr.)

The lag is typical of Nokia devices.
See: Every Nokia handheld ever made.
I didn't know u were part of the Nokia development team Mr. Fanboy
U just admitted that it lags but in the same time claim all kind of hardware support were implemented! Well this lag is unacceptable in this day and time sir

As for the notifications, I gave a scenario some posts ago, comment on that please

The Following User Says Thank You to UnlimiteD3k For This Useful Post: