Posts: 345 | Thanked: 467 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by kurtis View Post
I just bought a touch-screen, tough book laptop for my 2 year old son. He can't use mice but he's great with touch screens. I'm basically just trying to set it up so he can easily watch his cartoons. Nothing too fancy.
Since you are asking for advise: Sell the laptop and buy him some legos, some finger paint and paper. $125 will give you plenty of better toys than a computer to have him watch cartoons.

That won't "mute" your son like a cartoon playing laptop does and you'll have to spend time _with_ him instead of spending time setting up computers _for_ him.

And yes, i have kids ...

The Following User Says Thank You to Master of Gizmo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Master of Gizmo View Post
Since you are asking for advise: Sell the laptop and buy him some legos, some finger paint and paper. $125 will give you plenty of better toys than a computer to have him watch cartoons.

That won't "mute" your son like a cartoon playing laptop does and you'll have to spend time _with_ him instead of spending time setting up computers _for_ him.

And yes, i have kids ...
are you serious?
todays generation are more into technology and entertainment not toys!

Posts: 302 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ England
Originally Posted by tele View Post
are you serious?
mein vater, I vish to play vid my pennyfarthing und kite, not 'linux'.

Reasons I do not wish to visit Germany.

Originally Posted by tele View Post
are you serious?
Computers are their toys, it's that simple. I walked in to my office the other day and my daughter was absolutely enthralled with my email marketing software. She had uploaded a video of Justin Beiber and seriously almost sent it to my entire client base. I hope that gives you guys a pretty good idea of why I think this, ha.

Last edited by onebutton; 2011-08-09 at 14:21.

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by Master of Gizmo View Post
[OFFTOPIC]

Contrary to your experience, Legos actually muted my son, except for when he was shuffling the stack around to look for parts. Oh, and kids play nice and quiet alone with Legos.

OTOH, my daughter cannot STFU about her friends and games on Facebook.

wrt cartoons, I have a laptop with Ubuntu 11.04+Unity hooked up to a 32" HDTV running cron and lirc to download and play shows.[/OFFTOPIC]
[ONTOPIC]
This is getting off-topic. Wasn't there a MeeGo Reference Tablet Edition for x86 being passed around at MeeGo.com?[/ONTOPIC]