Active Topics

Maybe this is a stupid question, but I'm trying to run maemo mapper for the first time, and it doesn't launch. I read here that people mention that you have to manually install libgdm3 (also mentioned in the dependencies of MM), but I can't find this package; what I did find is a package called libgdbm3. Is this a bug in the MM package (missing 'b' in the dependency name), or am I missing something?

It should be libgdbm (with a b), yes. What device (770, N800, N810) and OS (2006, 2007, 2008, 2007HE) are you running? Are you using the .install file or trying to install the .deb manually?

It's a brand-new N810, with the latest OS2008. I installed MM using the application manager, and I get a segmentation fault when I launch it.

Originally Posted by linguini View Post
It's a brand-new N810, with the latest OS2008. I installed MM using the application manager, and I get a segmentation fault when I launch it.
same here, segmentation fault when I try to launch it

Ah, yes, that's a bug - Maemo Mapper doesn't start up correctly if you have no configuration. I'm fixing and releasing 2.6.1 now....

Sorry for the inconvenience!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gnuite For This Useful Post:
Wow, that was fast!
I'm now running the updated version- works just fine. Thanks a lot!!!

Tags
bug, dependency, maemo mapper, package