Notices

Hello.

I'm getting a segfault when trying to use a specific URL with maemo mapper. I want to use a map service that maemo mapper doesn't support, so I wrote my own "WMS Service" script that takes request from maemo mapper, the script then fetches the data from the real service and presents its back to maemo mapper.

I did this over 6 months ago, and it worked fine then. I haven't used maemo mapper much since then, but now I want to start using it again.

However this doesn't seem to work with the latest version of maemo mapper. I create a repositiory and enter the URL, so far everything is fine. But then I turn on auto-download to start downloading the maps, and maemo mapper segfaults. No request shows up in the web server logs so the segfault happens before it tries to connect. I think something with the format of the URL. This is the URL I'm trying to use:

Code:
http://192.168.1.111/karta/eniro-flyg.pl?BBOX=%.6f,%.6f,%.6f,%.6f&WIDTH=200&HEIGHT=200&SERVICE=WMS
Anyone who has any idea what could be wrong? If there is a copy of gdb for maemo and a copy of maemo mapper compiled with debug symbols available from somewhere I can do a proper backtrace. If not, I'm 99% sure that you can reproduce the bug by trying to use the above URL as the URL for a repository.

Last edited by TPC; 2008-10-29 at 15:12.

Originally Posted by hordeman View Post
Same here. Anybody know how to fix flite so it works with maemo mapper 2.5?
So, nobody uses flite anymore???

Originally Posted by hordeman View Post
So, nobody uses flite anymore???
I don't use flite much from MM, but I think I tried it once with 2.5, worked fine...

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by gnuite View Post
Okay, to anyone who had previously been having problems with accessing gnuite.com:

DNS changes are propogating as I speak, but gnuite.com should be transitioning to my home web server again. This should fix your problem, as I have relatively complete control over who gets blocked. Let me know if it does or does not work for you.

Hopefully, this is a short-term situation, but it will do for now.
Perhaps you can work something out with your employer I hear they've got pretty good bandwidth.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Just a note about misplaced tiles. I notice that I have always gotten misplaced tiles when querying WMS (proj) servers.

EDIT: A screenshot of this weather layer overlaid on (Google Streets) Vancouver; I can watch for rain while my kid is trick-or-treating.

EDIT2: Unfortunately, this shows only fairly heavy rain. It is lightly drizzling right now outside my window, but the weather layer shows no rain in my area.

Last edited by qole; 2008-10-31 at 23:25.

Originally Posted by Benson View Post
I don't use flite much from MM, but I think I tried it once with 2.5, worked fine...
hmmm... i wonder if i have to reinstall mm from scratch then...

2.5 and 2.5.1 have some issues with flite - should be fixed in 2.5.2.

The Following User Says Thank You to gnuite For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gnuite View Post
2.5 and 2.5.1 have some issues with flite - should be fixed in 2.5.2.
Awesome. Can't wait for the update. thanks!

Gnuite, any ideas about the segfault I described above?

Posts: 900 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Fresno CA USA
John Costigan the author is working on it. I emailed him when I found the problem and he got back to me with questions which I was able to answer. Sounded to me like he knew where to look for the problem.
Personal Blog -- 3 Joe's Blog

N810 -- 5.2010.33-1

Tags
layers, maemo mapper