Active Topics

Dear friends and Maemoans, six months and even a bit more has passed and again it is time to elect a new Community Council for us.

The last election finished on Saturday 3rd of January 2015 so we are running little late with the next one.

The schedule of the voting is as follows:
  • Nomination period starts now on Sunday 19th of July 2015 and continues until 1st of August 2015.
  • Contemplation period starts on Sunday 2nd of August 2015 and continues until Saturday 8th of August 2015.
  • Election period starts on Sunday 9th of August 2015 and continues until 15th of August 2015.
To get our community to continue strong, we need fresh people with fresh viewpoints to carry on the torch, so please think about volunteering for Maemo Council.

At the same time during the Council election we will also be running a referendum on Council rules. The referendum will be announced shortly.

On behalf of the outgoing community council,

Jussi Ohenoja

Link: Original article.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to CommunityCouncil For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
To get our community to continue strong...
Originally Posted by CommunityCouncil View Post
we need fresh people
Well, yes and no... Unless you* don't consider re-running, this isn't exactly needed, more a nice to have, I guess...
At least we (also) need guys who know how things work.

with fresh viewpoints
erm... you're sure?
IMHO, consolidation is the keyword here.
Otherwise, If you can't beat MC eV, join it...

to carry on the torch
...IMHO, we need at least 3 people who are able to meet on IRC once a week and who actually at least have an idea of what it's all about these days. It apeared to be counter-productive when people repeatedly don't join meetings (mainly due to timezone issues). In order to grant actionability, councilors need to be present. This becomes even more important with a council of 3 (in case of <6 candidates after extension period)...

* Please let's keep this thread strictly election-related, so I suggest nominations go here.

PS: probably link Referendum in post #1?
Current Maemo Community Council member

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I definitely can't run - the moment I joined, I ended up overcommitted to new contracts, projects, travel and endeavors.

People like Win7Mac, Wiki, peterleinchen, juiceme and quite a few others are important to this election and this community. Follow the above suggestions, vote.

The community council is still very important and necessary.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: