Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
For me there is no real point in a tiltable Display. Isn't such a construction more complex and fragile? In my opinion the simple slide mechanism of the N900 was fine'enough.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
It was. But I also liked that slight tilt on N97 or E7.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
It's will be adjustable on the phone, just like the Moto mod.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
since the moto mod is the base for this, what about that tilt angle?
this render looks fine
https://c1.iggcdn.com/indiegogo-medi...qbdwaltuz8.jpg
but then the photo
https://c1.iggcdn.com/indiegogo-medi...0nreawub1e.jpg
this looks way to vertical
It's very early prototype, the next is coming. And you CAN adjust to the angles you want.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
since the moto mod is the base for this, what about that tilt angle?
this render looks fine
https://c1.iggcdn.com/indiegogo-medi...qbdwaltuz8.jpg
but then the photo
https://c1.iggcdn.com/indiegogo-medi...0nreawub1e.jpg
this looks way to vertical
The thing that worries me about this design is that it may be too top heavy to easily wield and if the screen is big that it will be too wide for thumb typing. For those that have bigger phones like 5.5"+, Try typing in landscape. If you want big screen may need to have keyboard split into two halves that are closer to each side. Anyways, seems like a problem for me. Maybe not for most here?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
It's very early prototype, the next is coming. And you CAN adjust to the angles you want.
Can I do that once and that's it or do I have to do it every time?
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
The thing that worries me about this design is that it may be too top heavy to easily wield and if the screen is big that it will be too wide for thumb typing. For those that have bigger phones like 5.5"+, Try typing in landscape. If you want big screen may need to have keyboard split into two halves that are closer to each side. Anyways, seems like a problem for me. Maybe not for most here?
No need for split keyboard. I can easily reach more than half screen with thumbs on 5.5" . I have big hands so I can stretch to 2/3 but I think that I will be OK for people with smaller hands to. And it will be way more comfortable for a lot of typing than that small keyboard on N900 where my thumbs was always bent at some angle.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
The thing that worries me about this design is that it may be too top heavy……
This will be the problem with Moto Mods, but this Livermorium device will solve it.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Someone wanted less glue and more screws...

Why not have a screw and let the screen be adjusted 180. Make sure a screwdriver is included when shipping.

So instead of a slider you build a screwer.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
No need for split keyboard. I can easily reach more than half screen with thumbs on 5.5" . I have big hands so I can stretch to 2/3 but I think that I will be OK for people with smaller hands to. And it will be way more comfortable for a lot of typing than that small keyboard on N900 where my thumbs was always bent at some angle.
Well, if i hold my current 5" phone in landscape like i would type, with the bottom corners firmly in the center of my palm, i can just get my thumbs to touch each other.
If i position the sides of the phone to just at the base of my fingers i can reach the entire screen with one of my thumbs... add another 0.5" and i would have to hold my phone halfway up my fingers to be able to reach the entire screen.
If yours reach 2/3 on a 5.5" (you do mean landscape right?) in a normal typing position... how huge are you?

When i first learned about this thread and a new upcoming landscape slider i was pretty excited about it... then i learned it would be a 5.5" device, now i'm not even sure i even want it (since it wont be available in shops cant really get a hands on to try it to see if its workable).
Seeing as i dont even want my touchscreen only phones any larger than 5" (cause i want to still be able to use the phone in portrait when i dont have both hands available), why would i want a phone with hw keyboard that big?

Considering its gonna be a 5.5" device anyway might just as well cater it all the way for big people, i've lost my interest, dont even know why i bother replying...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SaiKo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Clearly you need to 3D scan your hands in your normal typing position and get a full size 3D model printed for Chen so he can check it for you

For what it's worth, I can reach 2/3 of the way across my Fairphone 2 in landscape without feeling like I'm stretching. That's 5" with quite a big bezel - 143mm height. I'm 195cm tall so I have big hands, but I think the intention is to have a smaller bezel on the Chenphone and you only need to reach 50% of the way across with each thumb, so...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:

Tags
n950 revival, q-device, qwerty keyboard, sailfishos, sailingchen