Active Topics

Closed Thread
Hi,

Originally Posted by Pushwall View Post
One thing I noticed on the upgrade when I opened File Manager is that it installs new feature upgrade user guides in all languages in Documents and reinstalls the OS2008 images in Images. I had originally months ago deleted all but the English documentation and moved off the images to make more space in internal memory, So I wondered why I had less internal memory after the update and this was the problem. Thankfully there was an easy solution.

Thanks for posting this.

I also had the same issue and was confused.

All is good now.

Thanks.

David

Just updated my N800 and my girlfriends N800. For her device it did work without problmes. Mine did end up in a reboot loop. :-(
Pretty much the same apps installed on both devices. Also only "normal" apps from Extras repository. No low level stuff like different kernel, screen rotation or something like that.

The only difference coming to my mind is, that on my girlfriends N800 only apps from the Diablo Extras repository are installed. On my N800 I had also some apps installed like Maemo Mapper which are coming from Chinook Extras.
Maybe that's the reason for the reboot loop?

Anyway, after a reflash I was able to successfully update also my N800...

A couple known/suspected problem apps (at some time; not necessarily issues now, but wanted to get them out there):
  • Powerlaunch
  • Any rotation implementation
I know there were more discussed clear back when some of us got pre-Diablo SSU; I just don't remember what... Maybe we should work up a blacklist, though, since this seems to be a recurring issue.

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
After uninstalling sliderotate the update downloaded, but failed with a message of being unable to install, and now I have the endless reboot loop. I think it happened because a lack of free space issue and the update's big file size.
Alephito: if that is beyond you, then you have to reflash.

"Hi,

After upgrading to the new version of OS2008 (new version: 4.2008.36-5), maemomapper did not work anymore.

When I put an address on "go to address", after some time a message appears: "Failed to connect to GPX directions server".

Does anyone know why this happened and what the solution to solve this problem?

Thanks,"

Only I had this issue?

Will someone help me?

Thanks.

Hm... Make sure the update's configure script succeeds. The update didn't restart my system automatically. Some poking in the terminal told me that the package was broken. pre-installed-documentation-rx44 was not the latest version, causing dpkg to spew an error prematurely.
Again, curse that preinstalled documentation!

So I now have a broken upgrade package, which bizarrely seems to have run about half of its configure script. I'm afraid of rebooting my tablet, since this may be what has caused peoples' problems.
Will Maemo ever have repositories which do not cast shame on Debian's good name?

(And Damnit, documentation is meant to be a Recommend, not a Depend. Why do so many packagers not understand that dpkg gives them three levels of these things and it is imperetive that they understand them to not break stuff!)

Last edited by Picklesworth; 2008-09-29 at 18:56.

Originally Posted by frethop View Post
So...I'm feeling left out that my unit has not updated yet. Any way to FORCE it to update?

I've already played with the Application Manger pieces. No go...
Same here. Is it because of this?:
Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
If using sliderotate it seems you can't update because xserver-xomap is not the right version.
Is sliderotate causing the update to not even show up? If I uninstall sliderotate will the update work? That is assuming I can even see the update after uninstalling.

Ahh! I guess this answers it:
Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
After uninstalling sliderotate the update downloaded, but failed with a message of being unable to install, and now I have the endless reboot loop. I think it happened because a lack of free space issue and the update's big file size.
I boot from SD and have plenty of free space. Do I dare try it?
PC #1 - HP dv2000 Laptop - Ubuntu 9.10
PC #2 - Ubuntu 9.10
PC #3 - Ubuntu 8.04/Windoze XP dual boot
Nokia N800 internet tablet - OS2008 Diablo dual boot to SD - 4gb internal + 2gb external SD cards

If you boot from SD, it should be fairly easy to backup the filesystem from the SD -- do that, and then you may dare anything!

I don't see the update via app manager, but I do see it if I run apt-get upgrade. You guys think it's safe to upgrade via apt-get?

Originally Posted by st5150 View Post
I don't see the update via app manager, but I do see it if I run apt-get upgrade. You guys think it's safe to upgrade via apt-get?
i wouldn't based on the issues i had with the last upgrade and the bug mentioned above....

Closed Thread

Tags
diablo, os2008, ssu, upgrade