ascherjim It will say in control panles/device/about product.

YAY, flashing right now :-)

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Do anyone know wheter or not the old kernel with NFS enabled will work with this release?

The new kernel is this: 2.6.16.27-omap1
Doesn't look much different, right?
Im gonna have to flash the mmc4 kernel now.

I just feel kinda stupid because i backuped my ext3-module on a ext3 partition.

Oh no, the mmc4 kernel does not work, the 770 goes into a reboot-loop.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Kernel is different, initfs seems to be a bit different too. I'd suggest to not to use any hack from my page. For kernel update we may need to wait for kernel sources. Last time it took few days.

Wiredless: Thanks for the quick response. I'd previously checked that Control Panel Device locale, but because it indicated that the present version (which I'd flashed yesterday) was presumably identified as 1.2006.26-8, and the new one according to fanoush is 39-14, I suspected that there might be some imprecision in the Device locale's information. Hence my query.

Fanoush: As I'm so dependent on your various "hacks," I indeed will wait until you and others have appropriately sorted all these matters out. What a slog! But not entirely unenjoyable -- and certainly educational.

There comes a ext3-module with the update but i can't insmod it: Unknown symbol in module (-1): No such file or directory.

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ Metro Detroit Michigan USA
I'm missing something here, probably really simple. I tried to use the Linux flasher found at and following the directions on <http://maemo.org/maemowiki/HOWTO_FlashLatestNokiaImageWithLinux>. Both as root and as ordinary user I get 'permission denied'. I still have a MS box available so I might try that but as many others I rely on programs written and put out by some many people I should probably wait. I'm assuming that this update will eventually show up under 'check for updates' in the App manager. I would like to sort out just exactly what it is I'm doing wrong with my Linux machine for future reference.
Peter