Poll: Are you going to buy the "870" when it is released?
Poll Options
Are you going to buy the "870" when it is released?

Posts: 564 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fayetteville, GA
I'm partially in agreement with benny1967 on this one. Nokia should have left the color black. Maybe they'll have that option this time around, who knows. Of course the color of the new tablet alone won't deter me from getting one, but just as with the 770 I'm sure there will be some factors in the design that will irk many people.

As to the screen protection issue, I think we still have to see how the soft case looks and works to even begin the comparison. If the 770 never came with a hard case to begin with and only had the flimsy cloth "bag" to protect it, I would probably be fine with that. As it stands, I only use the bag to carry memory cards and headphones on long trips anywhere. Otherwise it's useless.
3pm - So good, it's illegal

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Alert: for those who haven't seen it, CompUSA currently has a $100 USD rebate on the 770.

Oh, and just wait until you guys have the newer tablet in your hands. The concerns about appearance will vanish. It's not quite what you all seem to think.

As for the case issue, I picked up a nice PDA case from CompUSA.com for about $7 that works nicely on the-- oops, nevermind.

Last edited by Texrat; 2006-12-13 at 02:27.

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by Texrat
Oh, and just wait until you guys have the newer tablet in your hands. The concerns about appearance will vanish. It's not quite what you all seem to think.
For me, I'm not worried about appearance. I'm concerned that the webcam integration will be problematic and for some reason they have messed with the top buttons.

I have a silvery Toshiba PDA and it reflects the sun when using it outside. I like the black.

I'm concerned about the protection aspect to the screen - at the moment the reversable metal sleeve is a great design imho and as someone said above, just makes the unit perfect for popping into your pocket etc.

keeping my mind open about the silver retro look although agree that"business" use tends to go for something less flash and that may be an indication of where the marketing for the new tab will be heading...

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by SD69
For me, I'm not worried about appearance. I'm concerned that the webcam integration will be problematic and for some reason they have messed with the top buttons.
A webcam will rule it out for any sort of real business use - a lot of companies forbid cameras of any kind on their premises.

Ironically, Nokia is one of them!
Te de aliis, quam alios de te suaviust fieri doctos

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Rochester, NY
Alert: for those who haven't seen it, CompUSA currently has a $100 USD rebate on the 770.
I just saw that - wow, if I didn't already have one in the works as it were I would rush out and pick one up!

This will probably mean that the 870 is coming close.
Te de aliis, quam alios de te suaviust fieri doctos

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Niles IL...Chicago born and raised.
After using the Samsung i730 (slider PDA) and an XV6700...I love the 770 even more. Because I love the 770 so much, I want to be a part of the "I was one of the people who had them"...

I remember when Lynx came out (hand held Atari system)...I wanted it so bad, everyone said it was so cool....but they stopped production on it...I always said, if there is something like that, that I like....I'll buy it, just so I'm not one of the ones left out wondering how cool it was.

As for the case issue, I picked up a nice PDA case from CompUSA.com for about $7 that works nicely on the-- oops, nevermind.
Ahh, so now we know what this new tablet is called...

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
@sdrman: "oops, nevermind" is a very strange name for a product.