Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
So this states the CTRL-c thingy is also a tale?
Ah, that one, yes, unfortunately that too is a fairy tale

See, there's a keep-alive protocol between the APE in the device and the flasher executive running in the device, the same protocol BTW which tells the flasher to display the charging precentage on the window: 1%...2¤...3%... and so on until it finally reaches 11%.

If you kick the flasher with ctrl-C, it will break away from the loop in the device, too, and it will reboot. (with the existing APE, of course, my mod is a bit better on that )

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I actually made a special bootkernel that does the same thing without requiring the aid of flasher by ripping the rootFS out of APE and beating it into the right form
(my intention here is to integrate ithe BME charging logic into ubiboot, but unfortunately I have not had time to complete that yet...)
impatiently waiting ...

Blessed are the patient

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
flasher -R? Sorry I got the case wrong in my previous post. I could have sworn someone once suggested that but can't find the reference now.

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
I should let juice answer, but:
flasher -R
will boot the device up.

I do not know exactly when charging kicks in but from my experiences I would expect that the left juice in battery is not enough to load/execute kernel and get the device to the charging state even while it is connected to (USB) power.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
flasher -R
will boot the device up.
I know, but will it boot it up right away or after the battery charge reaches some threshold?
I guess I could try it myself but how do I get the battery to such a depleted state in the first place?

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Streets of Avalon | Zwolle, the Netherlands
For me charging didnt kick in with only flasher -R, it'll say device not recognized. Only with the main.bin string it will say to charge the phone. But some other time the scarywarningmessage(c) didnt show up, boots into juiceme's ubiboot and it boots Harmattan while charger immediatly was plugged in.

It's a damned DOA phone but i like it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vincr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I guess I could try it myself but how do I get the battery to such a depleted state in the first place?
Using Nitdroid or even juiceme's ubiboot console should get you into such state (if you really like).

But I think vincr already gave the answer.

Originally Posted by vincr View Post
It's a damned DOA phone but i like it.
Yes. And I love it too. And even more the N950.
But at the end the N(eo)900 is the one!!!

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2014-04-29 at 21:05.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 136 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Streets of Avalon | Zwolle, the Netherlands
Had this like 5 times, you won't want this happen.

But anyway, I like the OP way to charge it. Reminds me building weird dc suppliers for my beloved Philips K11 tv.

The Following User Says Thank You to vincr For This Useful Post: