Originally Posted by skyjumper View Post
so, trying the new smsbackuprestore I get this repeatedly...

Code:
libqtcontacts-tracker: engine.cpp:1591: Not cleaning up obsolete resources for nao:hasTag property since the property's range is too generic (rdfs:Resource).
followed by the usual :
Code:
libqtcontacts-tracker: queue.cpp:104: The task queue's background thread stalled
I have tried to restart the command multiple times and rebooted. I used to get the "thread stalled" error and simply restart, now it's happening permantly.
only advice i have is just keep at it. the more messages, the worse it is. i have my nightly backup set to detect when this happens and auto-rerun it. sometimes it takes 20 attempts! {dont bother restarting, just rerun it repeatedly.}

every 6 months or so, i delete all the texts off my phone and load up just the last month, to keep it agile.

Posts: 228 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by wolke View Post
i have my nightly backup set to detect when this happens and auto-rerun it.
any chance you could send me this portion of the script so I don't have to manually rerun it all the time?

https://raw.github.com/teleshoes/n9-...in/backup-comm

backup-comm sms --retry 50
backup-comm call --retry 50

note that it writes to ~/MyDocs/backup-sms and ~/MyDocs/backup-call

https://raw.github.com/teleshoes/n9-...in/backup-comm

backup-comm sms --retry 50
backup-comm call --retry 50

note that it writes to ~/MyDocs/backup-sms and ~/MyDocs/backup-call
Seems I am having issues:

Code:
~ $ ./backup-comm sms --retry 50
mkdir -p /home/user/MyDocs/backup-sms
readline() on closed filehandle CMD at ./backup-comm line 30.
cat: can't open '/home/user/MyDocs/backup-sms/2013_03_29-1364528136.sms': No such file or directory

exported 0 items
the dir exists also.

Seems I am having issues:

Code:
~ $ ./backup-comm sms --retry 50
mkdir -p /home/user/MyDocs/backup-sms
readline() on closed filehandle CMD at ./backup-comm line 30.
cat: can't open '/home/user/MyDocs/backup-sms/2013_03_29-1364528136.sms': No such file or directory

exported 0 items
the dir exists also.
yea, sorry totally my fault. you need to add another script of mine, timedkill, to your path. i still dont promise it will work, but it should.

https://raw.github.com/teleshoes/n9-.../bin/timedkill

yea, sorry totally my fault. you need to add another script of mine, timedkill, to your path. i still dont promise it will work, but it should.

Yep, thanks for that. After adding /home/user to my path, the script is off and running. Thanks for that!

It seems I have another issue with smsbackupexport. One (at least) contact sms are just totally missing from the export file. They were present before, but now they aren't anymore. I'm not too sure why, maybe there's some kind of overflow (it's easily the contact which has the most messages). Any idea ?

Originally Posted by corsac View Post
It seems I have another issue with smsbackupexport. One (at least) contact sms are just totally missing from the export file. They were present before, but now they aren't anymore. I'm not too sure why, maybe there's some kind of overflow (it's easily the contact which has the most messages). Any idea ?
Actually it might just be that I have too many messages for this contact and the tracker sql base doesn't reply fast enough.

Using commhistory-tool list for that group, I get:

Code:
"GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.Tracker1.SparqlError.Internal: Operation was cancelled" 
QTrackerDirectSelectResult: QSparqlError(6, "GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.Tracker1.SparqlError.Internal: Operation was cancelled", 4) "SELECT ?message rdf:type(?message) nmo:sentDate(?message) ?endTime nmo:isSent(?message) nmo:isRead(?message) nmo:deliveryStatus(?message) (SELECT GROUP_CONCAT(tracker:coalesce(nco:imID(?medium), nco:phoneNumber(?medium), ?medium), "\u001e") WHERE { ?from nco:hasContactMedium ?medium . }) (SELECT GROUP_CONCAT(tracker:coalesce(nco:imID(?medium), nco:phoneNumber(?medium), ?medium), "\u001e") WHERE { ?to nco:hasContactMedium ?medium . })   (SELECT GROUP_CONCAT(    fn:concat(tracker:id(?contact), "\u001e",               tracker:coalesce(nco:nameGiven(?contact), ""), "\u001e",               tracker:coalesce(nco:nameFamily(?contact), ""),               "\u001d",              tracker:coalesce(nco:nickname(?contact), ""),              "\u001d",              tracker:coalesce(?nicknames, "")),     "\u001c") WHERE {  SELECT ?contact   (SELECT GROUP_CONCAT(fn:string-join((nco:imID(?addr), ?nickname), "\u001f"), "\u001e")  WHERE {    ?contact nco:hasAffiliation [ nco:hasIMAddress ?addr ] .     ?addr nco:imNickname ?nickname .   }) AS ?nicknames   WHERE {  {    ?target nco:hasIMAddress ?address .     ?contact nco:hasAffiliation [ nco:hasIMAddress ?address ] .   } UNION {    ?target nco:hasPhoneNumber [ maemo:localPhoneNumber ?number ] .     ?contact nco:hasAffiliation [ nco:hasPhoneNumber [ maemo:localPhoneNumber ?number ] ] .   }}}) AS ?contacts  rdf:nil nmo:phoneMessageId(?message) nmo:messageSubject(?message) nie:plainTextContent(?message) nmo:communicationChannel(?message) nmo:messageId(?message) nie:contentLastModified(?message) nfo:fileName(nmo:fromVCard(?message)) rdfs:label(nmo:fromVCard(?message)) nmo:encoding(?message) nie:characterSet(?message) nie:language(?message) nmo:isDeleted(?message) nmo:reportDelivery(?message) nmo:validityPeriod(?message) nie:generator(?message) (SELECT GROUP_CONCAT(?cc, '\u001e') {?message nmo:cc ?ccContact . {?ccContact nco:hasIMAddress [nco:imID ?cc]}UNION{?ccContact nco:hasPhoneNumber [nco:phoneNumber ?cc]}}) (SELECT GROUP_CONCAT(?bcc, '\u001e') {?message nmo:bcc ?bccContact . {?bccContact nco:hasIMAddress [nco:imID ?bcc]}UNION{?bccContact nco:hasPhoneNumber [nco:phoneNumber ?bcc]}}) nmo:reportReadStatus(?message) nmo:sentWithReportRead(?message) nmo:mustAnswerReportRead(?message) nmo:mmsId(?message) nmo:isAnswered(?message) (SELECT GROUP_CONCAT(fn:string-join((nmo:headerName(?header), nmo:headerValue(?header)), "\u001d"), "\u001f") WHERE { ?message nmo:messageHeader ?header }) WHERE { SELECT ?message ?from ?to  IF (nmo:isSent(?message) = true, ?to, ?from) AS ?target  ?message ?endTime WHERE {?message nmo:from ?from ; nmo:to ?to .  ?message nmo:isDraft "false"; nmo:isDeleted "false" . ?message nmo:communicationChannel <conversation:2> . ?message a nmo:Message . ?message nmo:receivedDate ?endTime . } } ORDER BY DESC(?endTime) DESC(tracker:id(?message))"
while it does work fine for other groups (people). Not sure what I can do here as it doesn't seem possible to only select some of the messages in commhistory-tool.

The Conversation app correctly displays the messages so it seems that would work, although I'm not sure if it's somehow possible to set a limit in libcommhistory queries.

Unfortunately I don't think the script was designed to handle upwards of 14000 messages. It keeps on receiving the errors.

I will sync with Nokia suite and remove messages one by one from there as I only want to remove certain messages.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Unfortunately I don't think the script was designed to handle upwards of 14000 messages. It keeps on receiving the errors.

I will sync with Nokia suite and remove messages one by one from there as I only want to remove certain messages.
I don't think its the script's fault; after all the tool is tapping into the official libcommhistory from tracker...

What may be the limiting factor is the system being designed for 2,000 messages only. If you plug in your device to PC Suite it'll show that it has more than 2,000 messages and this slows the system down so it would advice you to backup all to PC and remove from device...

The limitation may sound weird but remember our devices are from 2011 with most of the work being done around 2010-early 2011... Android only with ICS increased its own limit to 10,000 messages and its currently 15,000 or more (can't remember the exact figures)...