Poll: What do you think
Poll Options
What do you think

Keep Nokia N900, one of the biggest reasons is that HTC Desire HD, Samsung Galaxy S, SE Xperia X10 (most if not all Android Phones), the Apple Iphone4, Nokia N8 all only have mono loudspeaker while Nokia N900 has stereo loudspeakers. As far as i can remember, most if not all NSeries devices featured Stereo loudspeakers, and i simply cannot accept N8 to be the first NSeries with mono....

Last edited by wongjemi85; 2010-09-29 at 15:32.

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.
Originally Posted by Mc_mice View Post
On the Desire you are covered with 1 and 2.
cant say about 3, but I have heard that batterytime is awful on it, even comparing to N900
Games are on all Android phones great IMO. Messenger is not as good as N900 ( but not by far) and browsing is also somewhat off, even though there is flash 10 on newer android firmware. The overall browser experience is different than n900, you either like it or hate it. I like the n900 .

On Galaxy, you have more balanced package, battery is similar to n900. Might even better, I donīt really know.

It all comes down to what you REALLY want, more apps/games in a more mobile phone package or less apps/games in more mobile computer package. All the 3 phones have there weakness and streights.

Just my 2 cents
LOL N900 with all the super duper tricks would last 5 hours even less with 3G data on + 1 hour GPS use per day with ulv.
On Galaxy S, I have gmail sync, 3g data, waze(gps) and some more crap using the net, screen is brighter, bluetooth on always, i get around 12 hours without any charging.
| DonateMe - If you feel I helped you in a very good way, feel free to donate |

Originally Posted by eitama View Post
LOL N900 with all the super duper tricks would last 5 hours even less with 3G data on + 1 hour GPS use per day with ulv.
On Galaxy S, I have gmail sync, 3g data, waze(gps) and some more crap using the net, screen is brighter, bluetooth on always, i get around 12 hours without any charging.
I'm gonna have to call shenanigans on that. If you want to back that number up then I suggest doing some real testing

Im in the same boat really, I love my n900 but sometimes the lack of apps are quite annoying when comparing with android/iphone etc, although I do prefer the n900 to both.

I want the n9 definitely, but if the n9 isn't going to be released until like June next year, i'd rather try and get a 12 month contract on the n8 and then get the n9 when it comes out, if the n9 is going to be released in Jan, then i'd definitely hold out for it...

Does anyone have anymore info about the n9? I can't find anything at all apart from distant rumours.

Originally Posted by Mc_mice View Post

It all comes down to what you REALLY want, more apps/games in a more mobile phone package or less apps/games in more mobile computer package. All the 3 phones have there weakness and streights.

Just my 2 cents
If you need GPS you should think twice after
reading this one:
"If the Galaxy S wins will my GPS start working?"
http://forum.androidcentral.com/t-ca...ionship-2.html

Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
6) The Galaxy S camera is very good, and has great low-light performance (even lacking a flash)
Hm, a flash -even the small N900 LEDs- is a real minimum in my opinion.

I do not have any problems with N900 in very low light situations.
Would be interesting to have measurements for this.

Up to now I did not use it to make those "real night shots"
which look somehow green.
;-)

The Following User Says Thank You to PMaff For This Useful Post:
Posts: 179 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Victoria BC Canada
Something to consider if you have artistic inclinations is mypaint and the n900's pressure sensitive screen. I showed the application on my phone to an Apple crazy friend and he was totally stunned!

He has ordered his own N900 for that feature and application alone.

Originally Posted by Grok View Post
Something to consider if you have artistic inclinations is mypaint and the n900's pressure sensitive screen. I showed the application on my phone to an Apple crazy friend and he was totally stunned!

He has ordered his own N900 for that feature and application alone.
I tried to get mypaint on
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in....8.2-1maemo19/

but I get:
"Not Found
The requested URL /extras-testing/pool/fremantle/free/m/mypaint/mypaint_0.8.2-1maemo19_armel.deb was not found on this server."

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Victoria BC Canada
Originally Posted by PMaff View Post
I tried to get mypaint on
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in....8.2-1maemo19/

but I get:
"Not Found
The requested URL /extras-testing/pool/fremantle/free/m/mypaint/mypaint_0.8.2-1maemo19_armel.deb was not found on this server."
Try here....
http://maemo.org/downloads/product/Maemo5/mypaint/

Enjoy!