Posts: 290 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Barbados/London
Hi after a long time of trying to get my usb port fixed...i now turn to the forum for help...yes there are may threads on how to do this but im not so "gifted" in that regard of soldiering my usb port back.
i am wondering if anyone does the repair and how much would it cost? i am currently in Barbados (Caribbean) so ill be hoping for someone within the region (USA, Caribbean, UK) as shipping cost will be extraordinary. Feel free to leave info in this thread. Thanks

Originally Posted by RobertHall View Post
Hi after a long time of trying to get my usb port fixed...i now turn to the forum for help...yes there are may threads on how to do this but im not so "gifted" in that regard of soldiering my usb port back.
i am wondering if anyone does the repair and how much would it cost? i am currently in Barbados (Caribbean) so ill be hoping for someone within the region (USA, Caribbean, UK) as shipping cost will be extraordinary. Feel free to leave info in this thread. Thanks
this post, maybe?
you are in the UK, aren't you?

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
dr_frost_dk is compiling a list of repairshops & community members doing fixes here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...60&postcount=1

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Unfortunately, I don't do repairs anymore (only reinforcement of working ones), as without repair-centre grade tools, it's quite PITA. Be advised, though, that if Your pads are not absolutely intact (and they aren't in 90% of cases). even after repair, it *is* going to feel off again. In this case, only one way is to do work-around by using testpads beneath battery - which is the way I was doing it.

Other option is to do backup, then sell current device, and buy completely working one - from time to time. I have some for sale, with reinforced usb port, in very good condition, for 180 euro (~220 USD).

Don't want it to look as self-advertisement, but, considering that I'm reinforcing those ports and checking every sensor/hardware parts myself - ensuring 100% working, without hidden flaws - I think it's viable alternative, to struggling with repair.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post

/Estel
I have switched to Pre 3 and have a N900 for sale, with broken usb port. Never overclocked. Are you interested?
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.