Notices

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
I wonder if any of the devs here is working on some kind of TV remote control like this: http://jointspace.sourceforge.net/ ?

It is very interesting and convenient for new "Smart" TV sets, but alas high-grade applications are only available for iOS and Android....

BUMP
Looks, no interest in this

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Newham Vic
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
BUMP
Looks, no interest in this
I think there is a guy working on one for the N900, may be able to port it to N9. Pierogi I think. Do a quick forum search.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tempo58 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by Tempo58 View Post
I think there is a guy working on one for the N900, may be able to port it to N9. Pierogi I think. Do a quick forum search.
Hello from the guy working on Pierogi. I'm pretty much just trying to get IR control working right now. Jointspace looks cool, but appears to be just an interface for Philips TVs (and only recent ones at that). Also, it does a whole lot more than just remote control...

I could see perhaps adding a Jointspace option to the existing Pierogi program someday. But Pierogi should be able to control those TVs via IR already. (But yeah, that doesn't help folks with an N9.)

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
@Copernicus
Thank you! It will be nice addition to N9 owners with Philips TVs. And what matters for me to be honest is not TV control(as switching programs) but using device keyboard when entering text in NetTV applications(like YouTube).
I know it sounds selfish....but couldn't help it! :P

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
Thank you! It will be nice addition to N9 owners with Philips TVs. And what matters for me to be honest is not TV control(as switching programs) but using device keyboard when entering text in NetTV applications(like YouTube).
Now, I'm not making any promises here! I'm really only concentrating on infrared control for now. Moreover,
  • I don't have a Philips TV
  • I don't have an N9
  • Pierogi doesn't support keyboard control (although I hope to add that eventually)

I think there are other folks already working on WIFI remote controls for the N9, who would be more likely to pick up this project in the near future...

@Copernicus
I am thanking you not for what you will do or not, but for giving your opinion as a developer :P
It is quite a niche actually, I do not think that there will be more than 50-100 users benefiting from such a project

The Following User Says Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
This jointspace stuff looks interesting. Apparently someone was doing some work with it, but I can't find any references to it on maemo.org:

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawik...itle=Main_Page

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Netherlands
I made the JointSpace implementation for the N900 (http://jstx.sourceforge.net, as referenced above) - shouldn't be too difficult to port, but only works on Philips Smart TV. Didn't make an official installer though, just download and run (from commandline). Feel free to process into something useful for your purpose, but my intention was much more domotica-like (showing a notification on-screen, a crontab to e.g. change channels etc).

Sander

The Following User Says Thank You to sander For This Useful Post: