Active Topics

A set of tools which could make any Android more secure and private would be nice - buying a cheap Android phone and hardening it is a way to go but this could be hard without tinkering the inside elements and that is why I consider UnaOs some sort of a solution - they patch things very deeply but as I wrote previously - some independent geek should grab a device like this and test it if it really delivers what they write. If yes - this might be a go for many people which want a tool that is more secure and private than a regular Android or any other phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to fw190 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
I see what you mean but I could read all relevant information even without allowing unaos.com in noscript.
Hmm... Maybe they changed it?

I swear when I first went there it didn't do a thing...

The Following User Says Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
A set of tools which could make any Android more secure and private would be nice - buying a cheap Android phone and hardening it is a way to go but this could be hard without tinkering the inside elements and that is why I consider UnaOs some sort of a solution - they patch things very deeply but as I wrote previously - some independent geek should grab a device like this and test it if it really delivers what they write. If yes - this might be a go for many people which want a tool that is more secure and private than a regular Android or any other phone.
Some would say that the best way to harden something would be to hit it with a hammer until it breaks, while others say that setting it on fire and then dumping it into a bucket of water is good too. I hear both methods result in a device that cannot eavesdrop on you or give away your location or otherwise violate your privacy.

My point is that phones by nature must communicate beyond you and the second party at least to negotiate with the mobile network infrastructure on the service features, such as where to send the call and thus your general location. So if you want a phone that doesn't keep track of where you are then your best phone is no phone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oenone For This Useful Post:
You have completely missed the point my friend!

We all here understand that phones must do what they do to communicate but doing that is absolutely enough. Nothing more is needed but today's phones don't do only that and track you on bazillions of other ways which people from obvious reasons don't like.

The Following User Says Thank You to fw190 For This Useful Post: