Notices

Originally Posted by sviox View Post
Okay I tried to install the app and here is what I discovered. First of all, that widget is .wgz, which means that it's created for Symbian WRT platform. As such, it should be supported by Hydra directly, without adding the config.xml. Symbian widgets use a configuration file called "info.plist" instead.

Hydra seems to be looking for info.plist file in case-sensitive manner because W3C demands such behavior for config.xml. And unfortunately this widget contains "Info.plist" file (capital first letter), which prevents the configuration file extraction from working. Nokia documentation doesn't say if this should be handled case-sensitively and this is the first widget with this kind. But since I suppose the file works on Symbian, it is a bug. I'll see about fixing this for the next version.

Meanwhile, you can 'fix' the widget by unzipping it, renaming the "Info.plist" to "info.plist" and then rezipping the whole thing (remember to zip the directory with the files, not the files in that directory, i.e. info.plist should not be on the root of the zip package but exactly one directory below!). Finally, rename the .zip file to .wgz and your ready to deploy it on your N9.
ok thanks what I did was that, but , instead of renaming the file , I added . " xml " of the old file and rename to . wgt and it worked ! . Another thing I would like to know is how to modify it to full screen view , which files I have to modify ?
thnks man

Originally Posted by panukooo View Post
ok thanks what I did was that, but , instead of renaming the file , I added . " xml " of the old file and rename to . wgt and it worked ! . Another thing I would like to know is how to modify it to full screen view , which files I have to modify ?
thnks man
To modify it to run on fullscreen, simple edit the config.xml and add (or change) a "viewmodes" attribute to "widget" element with value "fullscreen". I.e. it would look something like:
<widget [some other attributes] viewmodes="fullscreen">...

Also, I was a bit busy today making a few fixes for Symbian widgets. Hydra version 1.3.4 should be out in a few days and will be able to install your widget in it's original form, with proper icon used in the launcher and all

Here is the full changelog:
* Fixed info.plist being looked for case-sensitively for Symbian widgets
* Fixed icon.png being looked for case-sensitively for Symbian widgets
* Fixed blocked scrolling for widgets with configuration defined viewport
* Improved strings contained by widget.wrt API
* Added D-Bus signal for installation result listening
* Added D-Bus method for uninstalling a widget

The Following User Says Thank You to sviox For This Useful Post:
To modify it to run on fullscreen, simple edit the config.xml and add (or change) a "viewmodes" attribute to "widget" element with value "fullscreen". I.e. it would look something like:

Also, I was a bit busy today making a few fixes for Symbian widgets. Hydra version 1.3.4 should be out in a few days and will be able to install your widget in it's original form, with proper icon used in the launcher and all

great thank you very much for the help, excellent work that you do

I love with calculator widget from opera, it is great calculator ever for N9. Any one know more widget pls share.tks

Took it's time, but this should be available today (finally). Slow at the store intake for some reason. The next version is already shaping up, but I will let you know later about the changes

Hello everyone! If you enjoyed using Hydra widget platform, there is now a way to support the continuous development work. Earlier today, a professional version of the software was made available in Nokia Store (http://store.ovi.com/content/345697). New improvements included in the PRO version will be made available to the free version after a few weeks, with the exception of data encryption support.

Here are the changes in 1.3.5:
* Automatic encryption of widget files and stored data (PRO version only)
* Implemented cookie support to WAC webview component
* Modified update checking to only happen if network is available
* Added Google Drive widget
* Separated shortcut widgets to their own category
* Fixed manager application sometimes not picking the best size icon
* Fixed locked horizontal scrolling
* Fixed virtual keyboard getting stuck when input event causes new URL to load

Wanted to give you some good news. I have successfully implemented experimental support for Firefox OS web apps, allowing you to install and run most of the apps available at https://marketplace.firefox.com/. Coming out in a few weeks with a new version of Hydra WRT (PRO version first, naturally), stay tuned.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to sviox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Whers n900??

Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
Whers n900??
Sorry, but I don't have any N900 plans at the moment (no device, no SDK and no experience). Maybe I will open source the app at some point to allow someone else to do the porting.

I just wrote a brief tutorial on installing Firefox web apps with Hydra. Check it out at http://sviox.blogspot.fi/2013/03/mozilla-web-apps.html. The support will be officially launched very soon.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sviox For This Useful Post: