This is something I do not understand - why does Nokia not work more closely with the community for fixing these issues?
The community has the muscle power to do the job;
Nokia has the knowledge of the device, and the testing.

Together they could update this great phone to something better,
PLUS it would not cost Nokia more than the QA to be run..

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Hate the battery bug.

The Following User Says Thank You to unoace For This Useful Post:
because nokia wants at all costs that we move to WP That will never happen, I would never buy a junk lumia

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panukooo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 368 | Thanked: 826 times | Joined on May 2012 @ India
Some OEMs would die to have a community like this, and here we have Nokia.

Ex : Blackberry spending 2Millions in each portAThon to gain some traction with developers

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bibek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 335 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Trento, Italy
Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
Call me crazy, but raising the public profile of Nokia's update/bugfix behavior may just work wonders. Nokia is desperately trying to get away from its reputation of not supporting devices, so our timing may be right. Heck, if they can pay the 3rd party guys to give us enough to shut us up, that would be a big win for all parties.

(possible) Headline: "Nokia is changing the way we commit to our customers; as an example, we've decided to update the highly praised Nokia N9."
That's the point

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lucazz990 For This Useful Post:
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
There are no more employees at Nokia working on that topic.
I feel sorry to shade this illusion but if there will be no CSSU for N9s there wont come any major upgrades! Find a developer from the community to put some light on these issues.

EDIT: maybe we'll see some working jollaOS some day...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chemist View Post
I feel sorry to shade this illusion but if there will be no CSSU for N9s there wont come any major upgrades! Find a developer from the community to put some light on these issues.

Indeed there is not.
But there is the COMMUNITY! Damnit >_<!

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following User Says Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 458 | Thanked: 783 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ France
Hi all,

And what about the functionality to cut/copy/paste from the email application ??? !!!

I hope they k****d the developer omitting this functionality, that render the client completely useless ...

A++

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to colin.stephane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by colin.stephane View Post
Hi all,

And what about the functionality to cut/copy/paste from the email application ??? !!!

I hope they k****d the developer omitting this functionality, that render the client completely useless ...

A++
This feature was implemented (at least to some point, source is konttori) but either did not make it into PR1.3 or just got dropped....

The Following User Says Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 335 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Trento, Italy
Originally Posted by chemist View Post

I know nokia is no longer working on meego but finding someone (maybe external?) who can fix these small things shouldn't be a big problem for them... The only limit is the will to do something for us and that's a big limit indeed...

Tags
donteventryto, nokia n9, sh1ts given: 0, sigs: 3000, wontfix