link here:
http://www.networkworld.com/news/201...g-android.html

what do you think? I guess uboot(ie. uboot to multiple copy of maemo) on N900 would provide similar result???

not sure how one would get different phone # for each instance of maemo

Last edited by cheve; 2010-12-08 at 17:37.

Originally Posted by cheve View Post
link here:
http://www.networkworld.com/news/201...g-android.html

what do you think? I guess uboot(ie. uboot to multiple copy of maemo) on N900 would provide similar result???

not sure how one would get different phone # for each instance of maemo
Not quite. Virtualization would have both OSes running at the same time, more likely. I don't see this kind of VM type stuff being used to run multiple OSes, so much as to place the user in a virtualized sandbox (think DRM.) I'd be pleasantly surprised to see that not be the case, though.

The Following User Says Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
you are correct, the article says it will be running two instances of the OS. I think for this to "work-as-intended", the VM has to pickup all incoming calls 1st and then open the corresponding OS instance.

This would be useful for smaller/Indie companies but I know for sure that IBM would not want it near them or their contractual partners. I work for IBM and they really do not like end users using their own devices, 1 bit.

well you can never said never:-). many moons ago, VM was not considered(positively no way, until the cow come home sort of way:-)) for the type of work that I do(even for internal testing only). It is now made as part of solution for the customer installation:-).

I think the most difficult part is to make it seamless for "outgoing" usage on the same physical unit..

This was demoed on the N900 well over a year ago

And it looked like they had more or less abandoned it, but then it is the N900 so no surprise they have switched to Android devices instead

Originally Posted by *Sonic* View Post

And it looked like they had more or less abandoned it, but then it is the N900 so no surprise they have switched to Android devices instead
Do you happen to have a link for that demo or article??? tried searching at VMware and did not get any meaningful result.

cheers,

Originally Posted by *Sonic* View Post
Do you mean the n900 or the n800? I saw the n800 demo, but I didn't see the n900 demo.

The Following User Says Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
There is easy chroot if you really want virtualization... I mean you could run multiple OS at the same time on n900...