jarexec d.jar

output:

Java SE Embedded 90 Evaluation version
Use the command: "java -version" to view days remaining in evaluation period

Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from d.jar

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Belgium
Java SE =/= Java ME

You'll need a ME emulator if you want to run ME jars

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
What are the differences between icetea6 and this?
Any "changes" using MicroEmulator with this one compared to the other one?
(Like handling classes etc?)

Kudos to Dak, I installed this and was able to run a Java IMAP client (http://www.suberic.net/pooka/) without any changes, this gave me easy message preview and much faster email checking than the built in email client.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oxford For This Useful Post:
anyone have tried runescape?

Posts: 349 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ PS/IL
Originally Posted by owerlord View Post
anyone have tried runescape?
Yes, It didn't work. Only a white screen comes after clicking play now.

Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
*Cries* - Vala converts to C before building
LOL Sorry dude, never even heard of Vala before Its syntax was familiar enough that it was trivial to convert it. Your Vala code was very helpful.

In your service file, you call the service "org.maemo.javalauncher", which is fine but you've still left it as "javalauncher" in the desktop file. When a name is not given a prefix, it automatically assumes "com.nokia.javalauncher". So you've got a desktop file looking for com.nokia.javalauncher but a service file only defining org.maemo.javalauncher.
This is also true for osso_initialize(), so the call to that must also be amended.
Thanks for confirming this. I was wondering about it myself, but there was so much conflicting text in various docs (I saw both "com.nokia" and "org.maemo" out there) that I mentally flipped a coin to decide.

I verified your program actually starts by doing a - wait for it - "while true; do ps | grep java | grep -v grep; done" from the terminal.
OK smartypants, ya got me....I shoulda known to try that....sometimes my brain don't werk 2 gud neither

However,
PHP Code:
dbus_connection_flush((DBusConnection*)osso_get_dbus_connection(ctx));
dbus_connection_read_write((DBusConnection*)osso_get_dbus_connection(ctx), 0); 
didn't work for me; mime_cb was never called. Maybe I'm doing it on the wrong DBusConnection, but I dunno.
I'm not surprised. I was desperately trying to find some way to force/ensure DBus messages got flushed to the mime_cb callback in that tight loop.

So I went back to what works for me: A GMainLoop. libosso will automatically call dbus_connection_setup_with_g_main () on both its connections for you, and mime_cb was actually getting called this time. And, according to ltrace, it's sure not waking up as much
That makes good sense to me.

When doing this, it all worked
[code snip]
Awesome. I'll get all this info neatly filed away in my head, built into a .deb, and the whole shebang put up on garage.maemo.org as soon as possible

HUGE thanks for giving me an express-route education in these technicalities, qwerty12 The documentation out there is far from textbook quality - I've had to dig through headers so much!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dak For This Useful Post:
@Dak
We should probably start thinking about providing a virtual package for JRE/JDK.

In the scope of "Instant Coffee" I had started to package Java applications for Maemo and upload these to the extras repository.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=51871
https://garage.maemo.org/projects/instant-coffee

I packaged versions of the OpenJDK build via IcedTea6 (the package is called "icedtea6") which can also be found in extras.

Currently I am referring to "icedtea6" as a dependency for all Java packages.
The benefit of providing a virtual package would be that Java applications can depend on the virtual package rather than the "real" packages like your "mmjre" or "icedtea6".
This would give the users the freedom to choose which Java implementation they want to use and makes it easier for people creating packages for Java applications.

As far as I know this is done by adding some "Provides" entry to the control file of the "real" packages.
Though, I am really no expert when it comes to packaging applications for Maemo and don't know if or how this will work using the autobuilder.
Generally, I'd suggest that we try to do something similar to the way Java is packaged for Debian

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wonko For This Useful Post:
Sounds like a good idea, Wonko.

Forgive me if I don't get into it right now, as I'm trying to iron out a few final wrinkles with mmjre - the JRE installs fine, and the jarexec/javalauncher mechanism works OK....but I'm unhappy with the way that (a) I can't assign a nice icon to .jar files in the FileManager, and (b) it still pops up a list of choices to launch the jarfile (you select "Jarfile" and it launches fine) - when I want it to be an instant launch, like when you select a .pdf

I'd like to sort those two irritating glitches out, then work with you to figure out how best to do this 'virtual' package business.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dak For This Useful Post:
New version available from the first page.

Apologies for the hassle, but it's probably wisest to uninstall/reinstall.

There are a couple of final wrinkles to iron out with this beta before it can be confidently put into extras - at which point the usual update mechanism will be used.

You can now run a jarfile from the FileManager by clicking on it....it still pops up a list of choices - select "Jarfile" - which kinda sucks....I want it to be automatic. I also can't seem to get a simple icon registered for use with jarfiles, so it still displays the stupid default question mark.

PS. all sources and notes/credits are uploaded to the garage project, also linked at the top of the first page.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dak For This Useful Post: