Active Topics

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
wow... I don't think that will last long..
If no flash on mobiles then flash will be irrelevant!

Thought I might stir things up a bit - I managed to transfer a new libflashplayer.so across from my Motorola Atrix (from the Linux Webtop mode) onto the N900.. and it recognises it as v10.2!

Youtube and all plays along with some sample Flash 10 testing sites.

However..
Having issues with it caching the stream past the 23 second mark.

Is there anywhere that I can tweak the download memory/parameters that might be able to get around this issue?

Not sure how legal it is to post it here.. so wondering if people can help with this?

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
oh wow,
I'm keen to try it out
Can you upload it somewhere else and put a link here

I read this: http://www.anandtech.com/show/4165/t...x-4g-preview/6

"YouTube playback works, however anything above 360p begins to drop frames. While 480p is playable, anything higher is basically impossible to watch. Motorola preloads Flash 10.1.120.10 with hardware acceleration in its webtop Linux however there doesn't appear to be any way to force an update. You'll note that this is the same version of Flash that the Optimus 2X was running, although I'm not convinced that GPU acceleration is fully enabled under Motorola's webtop Linux. Monitoring CPU usage in Android shows that playing a YouTube video in webtop Linux eats up between 50 - 80% of the two ARM Cortex A9s. "

Have you tried watching at 240p

I am not sure if thats the problem with it. I think its more the buffering cache settings. Hi-res stuff will definitely stutter.. but even at low res, should still get beyond 20 something seconds.

BTW.. The webtop is not accelerated properly in the Atrix - hence that statement. However, it is accelerated in Android so if you were to watch it in the Android environment, then it will play up to 720p fine.

OT here, with the lib flash file link which pali posted sometime back, flash 10.2 work alright, hell slow but it did work except the videos were laggy, (i.e speedtest.net), but now with the flash 11 upgrade, most of the sites are demanding flash 11 support.

What i did all these days were

Earlier : used tweak flash to tweak flash version to 10 ( with nokias flash 9 libflash.so)

From recent: Used real flash 10.2 files floating around (from pali's link...etc) without tweak flash.

Now: Most sites will work if we can fake support for flash 11 while having actual flash 10.2 support, but the prob is that tweak flash doesn't support other libflash files except the original pr1.3 flash 9 file. If we can remove that limitation, we should expect a few more months of flash support on our n900s.

nkirk

The Following User Says Thank You to nkirk For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by bchliu View Post
Thought I might stir things up a bit - I managed to transfer a new libflashplayer.so across from my Motorola Atrix (from the Linux Webtop mode) onto the N900.. and it recognises it as v10.2!

Youtube and all plays along with some sample Flash 10 testing sites.

However..
Having issues with it caching the stream past the 23 second mark.

Is there anywhere that I can tweak the download memory/parameters that might be able to get around this issue?

Not sure how legal it is to post it here.. so wondering if people can help with this?
This has been done several times in this thread going way back.
Start from at least 20-odd pages back and read till the end.
There are issues.... Works, but not terribly well...

Posts: 412 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bronx, NY
Originally Posted by nkirk View Post

Now: Most sites will work if we can fake support for flash 11 while having actual flash 10.2 support, but the prob is that tweak flash doesn't support other libflash files except the original pr1.3 flash 9 file. If we can remove that limitation, we should expect a few more months of flash support on our n900s.

nkirk
fyi most sites work using flash 9 and faking 11

Posts: 373 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Norwich
This may have already been mentioned and if so i apologise (didn't want to read 11 pages of posts!) Anyway, you can make the stock installed flash player lie about its version using a tool called Tweak Flash Plugin Version.

See the article here...
http://www.sapiensbryan.com/nokia-n9...n-web-browser/

I did this ages ago and can confirm that it works just fine, all the flash 10 content i have tried works just fine.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
^ Yup, mentioned a gazillion times, but thanks.
This is more about trying to get unofficial 10x versions working.
(w/o too much success -for good reasons)

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Cambridge/London
http://www.adobe.com/support/securit...apsb12-03.html

Flash critical vulnerability mentioned on the 16th in most version 11 and earlier players.

The Following User Says Thank You to tonypercy For This Useful Post:

Tags
adobe, adobe flash, blahblah, flash, flash 10, flash 10.1, fremantle, future, idiotic thread, maemo, maemo 5, nokia, nokia fails, update