Active Topics

This is indeed MeeGo vanilla you could say, but Nokias Harmattan is a bit more than just UI.

Posts: 349 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ PS/IL
Quim gil's response about the pictures:

The MeeGo Handset UX announced by the TSG to go public this month basically consists of the MeeGo Touch Framework and a set of reference applications maintained by the MeeGo project.

The MeeGo based device announced by Nokia to go public on 2H2010 will have the software release codenamed Harmattan and a UX that basically consists of the MeeGo Touch Framework and a set of applications decided by Nokia.

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Malta
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
This is indeed MeeGo vanilla you could say, but Nokias Harmattan is a bit more than just UI.
What else can harmattan offer? I'm genuinely interested. For that matter what does HTC sense offer more than just the ui. I never really understood all these ui's from different manufacturers

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Dont know about you guys but screenshots that OP posted are not new I've seen them before....

N00b question , for what X stands for? I thought its called UI ( user interface)

also a question for qgil I dont know whether you can answer it now but given the way Nokia acts recently regarding updates will a MeeGo 1.0 running device get update to 1.1 and 1.2 etc ? Or they will release new version every 6 months for a new device?

Thanks

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Malta
Originally Posted by HellFlyer View Post
Dont know about you guys but screenshots that OP posted are not new I've seen them before....

N00b question , for what X stands for? I thought its called UI ( user interface)

also a question for qgil I dont know whether you can answer it now but given the way Nokia acts recently regarding updates will a MeeGo 1.0 running device get update to 1.1 and 1.2 etc ? Or they will release new version every 6 months for a new device?

Thanks
user experience (i think)

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by HellFlyer View Post
"UX" is User Experience.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Just like XP was just a sideways smiley expression of using Windows.

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Netherlands
It looks like a logic, intuitive follow-up on Maemo 5. Makes me curious!

Originally Posted by fieryriver View Post
What else can harmattan offer? I'm genuinely interested. For that matter what does HTC sense offer more than just the ui. I never really understood all these ui's from different manufacturers
Well, that seems to be all the rage these days. Device manufacturer don't want to just differentiate themselves by hardware (e.g. 5MP camera vs. 3MP, etc.). They want to slap some custom apps on the OS base (Facebook, Twitter, app launcher, etc.). Seems like everyone's doing that in the Android world, and MeeGo is also very much geared toward this model.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Seems clean and uncluttered. Almost Microsoft Metro (Zune, MetroTwit, WinMo 7) like - which... to me is a good thing.