Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
One thing for the competition itself to figure out without waiting for Council is whether the vote should be one week or two. Another thing is the timing. The next Council meeting is currently scheduled for September 6 although it could change. The regular maemo.org election starts September 22. If a two week coding competition vote started on September 9, it would run into the regular election and I would want to avoid the confusion.
Perhaps 2 weeks are better than a single week. But you're right regarding the Council voting.

I would say lets start the voting as soon as everything is set up and lets run it until the 20th of September. (no mather if this is 7 days, 14 days or only 10 days on the end)

In my opinion it is important to finally set the voting up and get a decision ASAP. We can't wait until the Council voting is made.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
I'm preparing now a list with all electable submissions.

name;category;link
example:
cutetube;multimedia;http://competition.meego.com/submission/xyz

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Thanks zehjotkah, you have access to the database of your own site. So I hope you don't have to create the list manually.

I have a question regarding the category:
So there were 9 votings grouped by the category or do we run a single, big voting and count later the votes in each category?

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Attached is the list.

I'd prefer nine votings for each category, because we said that the prizes will be equally distributed for each category.
One big voting would be easier at first sight, but how to nominate a winner in a potential category with no votes?

What has to be done now?
Ask Henri Bergius or Niels Breet to create the voting. Will sent them a PM.
Attached Files
File Type: txt MCC11submission.txt (5.8 KB, 94 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 381 | Thanked: 847 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
Ask Henri Bergius or Niels Breet to create the voting. Will sent them a PM.
It would be a lot easier if these requests were handled via email to our support address, not via TMO private messages or Google Plus. Can you do this?

The Following User Says Thank You to bergie For This Useful Post:
Uh, don't forget the beginner category!

Originally Posted by bergie View Post
It would be a lot easier if these requests were handled via email to our support address, not via TMO private messages or Google Plus. Can you do this?
I sent a mail to Niels. Which is your support address?

Last edited by zehjotkah; 2011-08-31 at 09:26.

Hi,

I don't think the election software is really suitable for this? We'd
have to create 8 different elections for that with 8 different tokens
per user. That seems a bit over the top.

Can't we just use the poll mechanism on talk for this?

- Niels
Actually 9 different elections, because I forgot the Beginner category.
We had a problem with fake votings last time, that's why we'd like to use the election software.

But I'll ask at the forums.
Thanks!
Okay, now it's up to you: Should we use the forum poll system again (like last coding competition)?

[sigh] I don't understand why this shouldn't work with the election software. 9 polls instead of a single poll... a little bit slower perhaps, but we could start a poll every 12 hours instead of all polls at once to reduce the server load.

What about public votings in a forum poll? So we are able to check ourself for users registered within the competition timeframe?

I could create the threads and run the poll. But I would really prefer the council election system.
Benefit: We are able to vote there for more than a single project, it is more secure, automated, every member will be informed, no one is able to blame us he haven't known and the poll is secret (no public poll is needed nor extra work for admins to search for double ip adresses)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Thanks Helmuth, exactly my point of view.

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:

Tags
coding, community, competition, contest, development, intel, meego, meetmeego, nokia