Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
3G remains on
3G is not internet connection, it's mobile connection. If you want all connections off then use flight mode.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
ProfileMatic 1.6.1 is now available from Nokia store

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 149 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Slovenia, Ljubljana
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
ProfileMatic 1.6.1 is now available from Nokia store
Changelog?

Originally Posted by drvar View Post
Changelog?
- Multi-rule activation
- Active rules are shown in main page
- Stand-by screen action
- Background connections action
- Idle condition
- Custom action for when rule is deactivated
- Custom action has test button for testing
- Location by cell id has timeout opti

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Thanks a lot . I can now have even more optimised control of various functions on the phone using the multi-rule matching , paired with background connections actions.

Also a request to make ProfileMatic an even more awesome app. If we can have a way to set idle background connection timeout as was done in the Autodisconnect app .

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=45053

It will make the phone behaviour better than turning off background connections totally. This coupled with the automation delivered by ProfileMatic will do wonders for the battery endurance of the phone.

I volunteer to beta test all these additions if you need so.

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiac For This Useful Post:
Hi, Ajalkane I have a question. I am trying to setup a rule where background connections will be off from 13.30 to 18.00 , based only on time. SO I have a rule (named "No conn" ) which has the above time and background connections and bluetooth set to off.
Also, at the same time I have a rule based on cell ID (named "Office"), to only set ringer volume to 40% at work.

Currently it shows both "Office" and "No Conn" , as active as time is between 13.30 and 18.00, and I am in the cell locations of my work. It turned off the bluetooth correctly, but it did not turn off the back ground data connection!! Also, at this same time, the "default rule" is also indicated as matching (which is strange as it should match only when no other matched!?!? )

EDIT: This is the same problem as described by Muzimak before. If you turn off the background connections from the settings menu, the "2.5" or "3.5 " sign disappears, but this is not happening when turning off background connections via profilematic

So , basically I am not able to turn off background connections via ProfileMatic. Please advise . Thanks.

Last edited by nokiac; 2012-05-09 at 23:11.

Hello,

a feature what will be nice at profilematic for me (maybe for more :-))...a activated connection to a special Bluetooth Device as a switching condition...
For example to switch device to silence if it is connected to the car kit or head set...

BR Florian

Originally Posted by nokiac View Post
Also a request to make ProfileMatic an even more awesome app. If we can have a way to set idle background connection timeout as was done in the Autodisconnect app .

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=45053

It will make the phone behaviour better than turning off background connections totally. This coupled with the automation delivered by ProfileMatic will do wonders for the battery endurance of the phone.
I haven't seen any APIs or configuration options that would make this kind of thing possible on Harmattan. If anyone has an idea I'm all ears.

Currently it shows both "Office" and "No Conn" , as active as time is between 13.30 and 18.00, and I am in the cell locations of my work. It turned off the bluetooth correctly, but it did not turn off the back ground data connection!!

EDIT: This is the same problem as described by Muzimak before. If you turn off the background connections from the settings menu, the "2.5" or "3.5 " sign disappears, but this is not happening when turning off background connections via profilematic
I can't reproduce this. Even if I turn off "Background connections" from Settings, the "2.5" or "3.5" sign stays. Only if I turn off "Internet connections" it goes away.

Check your "Background connections" in Settings when ProfileMatic should have turned it off. If it's turned off there, then ProfileMatic works as it should.

Also, at this same time, the "default rule" is also indicated as matching (which is strange as it should match only when no other matched!?!? )
This is related to the new multi-rule matching. I should write a FAQ entry about this as it seems to cause confusion.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Flo View Post
Hello,

a feature what will be nice at profilematic for me (maybe for more :-))...a activated connection to a special Bluetooth Device as a switching condition...
For example to switch device to silence if it is connected to the car kit or head set...
I can see it should be useful, so I'll write it down for something to consider in future. It may be I'll leave the implementation to some adventurous soul, though, because I don't have any BlueTooth devices myself that I could test with (yet).

Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
I can't reproduce this. Even if I turn off "Background connections" from Settings, the "2.5" or "3.5" sign stays. Only if I turn off "Internet connections" it goes away.
I did more testing on this, and you and Muzimak are definitely correct - it just doesn't work. ProfileMatic changes the value as seen in Settings, but it doesn't have any effect.

So I will need to see if this can be fixed. There might be an API for this, most likely not as I don't remember seeing one. Or then I have to remove the wretched setting altogether if I can't figure out a way to do this (or if Aegis is blocking it).

Unfortunately my computer broke so I don't know when I can do anything about this.