I have been able to backup after installing Community SSU but I haven't had to clone. If I have time this weekend I'll give it a rip and let you know how I make out if you have no answer by then.

The Following User Says Thank You to xopher For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
I just now ordered some batteries for my 810's.

Maybe I can help out in a few weeks once I get them.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
[Update] Success! I finally got it to work.... between partition clones need to be done from FLASH....missed that part...

Thanks

Snoshrk

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snoshrk For This Useful Post:
Well I ordered two batterys for 17$ and one of them works, the other was the wrong battery.

Anyway, I immediately wiped my 810 and loaded the latest SSU and then the community SSU.

I then installed console-tools and attempted a clone.

First using pb and I was unable to complete the process, for some reason I was not able to clone from flash as the source, somethings goofy. I also see there has been some change to ps on the busybox and it throughs a few errors.

I then ran pbeasy, partitioned, cloned, updated and installed bootmenu. There seems to be some problem with this task too. As well as the swap enablement.

Once the clone finished, I rebooted and ran pb, then ran the swap process, then updated and reinstalled bootmenu, it rebooted and all was fine, booting came up with swap enabled. I still think the timeout for bootmenu is not working correctly.

Fact is console-tools is not working any longer as it was intended and needs some updating to be used with the latest version of OS.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
I was having the same problem getting KDE to run on community SSU because it looks like "ps -ef" is no longer working in Community SSU. I have filed a bug.

You can work around this ps errors while running console-tools under Community SSU and also make it so KDE will run without issue by creating a script to run ps.

Open xterm and become root and run the following commands.

echo "/bin/ps" > /usr/bin/ps
chmod +x /usr/bin/ps

This will fix the ps error and KDE problems starting under community SSU.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
I noticed in the pbeasy partition menu, that the two partitioning questions are exactly the same. That is, it is asking me what to partition for the FAT windows system... however, the outcome does work because the first input maps to the windows system and the second input maps to swap. I downloaded from the first page of this thread. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks!

Posts: 263 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Sigtuna, Sweden
@ Eladon

Concerning swap.

When rebuilding my system the NEWBIE FAQ ,
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=168 ,
was a GREAT help, as I had forgotten a lot.

But I spent a long time implementing swap.
The reason, I am to much of a beginner to remember that

" mkswap /dev/mmcblk1p4 " (e.g)

has to be executed first.

Let me suggest that you add that info to the NEWBIE FAQ ?

And thanks for the FAQ !

Posts: 263 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Sigtuna, Sweden
[ N810, diablo 43-7 ]

Re: Bootmenu,
as installed by console tools.
My N810:s behave differently, also after upgrade to Fanoush's bootmenu.

I have two N810:s , both reflashed, with console tools installed,
and with two cloned systems on the internal mmc.

On both, at reboot, bootmenu asks me to press "menu".

On the newer one, this is necessary within about a second.

On the older one, the bootmenu now as always appears waiting for selection
WITHOUT "menu" being pressed.

??

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by KristianW View Post
[ N810, diablo 43-7 ]

Re: Bootmenu,
as installed by console tools.
My N810:s behave differently, also after upgrade to Fanoush's bootmenu.

I have two N810:s , both reflashed, with console tools installed,
and with two cloned systems on the internal mmc.

On both, at reboot, bootmenu asks me to press "menu".

On the newer one, this is necessary within about a second.

On the older one, the bootmenu now as always appears waiting for selection
WITHOUT "menu" being pressed.

??
On my N800, at one time, it used to demand that "menu" be pressed. Now it doesn't. Same device; I'd probably flashed in between, but I don't remember. I have no idea why the behavior wasn't consistent.

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Spain
Maybe few people still interested in the old devices but both links in 1st post to download console-tools.deb are failing

Now I am trying to configure a N800 which never was "hacked", in th e same way that I have a N810 years ago, moreover I have backup of many files from my old times as Maemo User but I don't have this file

Tags
bootmenu, bootmenu-installer, install-tools, mgmt-tools