I have been trying to compile sylpheed for nokia n900 from source code. Here is what i did :

1. Download the source code.
2. ./configure ( & ./configure --target=armel , tried both. no errors any where )
3. make
4. make dist ( to create tar.gz as written in Maemo Packaging tutorial )
5. Followed packaging tutorial till got dh_installdocs error during dpkg-buildpakage step.
6. Created a debian/sylpheed.docs file and just deleted nearly everything.
7. Did the same for ARMEL too.

Now both the debs show incompatible application package in emulator. Please help. Any step to step tutorial for anyone tryin to compile things for n900 will be helpful.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to insanelysexy For This Useful Post:
[SOLVED] Incompatible application error by using dpkg instead of HAM in emulator.

[Help] size of the window of Sylpheed is more than size of n900 screen. how do we change that ??

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jul 2013 @ Pondokgede, Indonesia
my maemo stock email client still works great until now, however this thread needs support and attention, good luck comrade

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ndhikaa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by insanelysexy View Post
[Help] size of the window of Sylpheed is more than size of n900 screen. how do we change that ??
Adjusting the menus and how the application uses the screen are the main topics of porting the application to Maemo and - sorry to disappoint you - are the developer's responsibility

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
@pichlo : the main window is actually fine. the problem comes where we need to innput password. Since i was not able to get an OK button , i simply cancelled enter password and tried to edit account settings, but there the password field is going outof screen.

I have found out the file and place where a bit of modificaion will help, but i have not really used GTK. So, anyone with a lil bit knowledge of GTK, please try adjusting the size of menu.

@ndhikaa : to use sylpheed, use ED and configure sylpheed to notify using the dbus commands. i dont know whether easy debian will allow it run as daemon or not.

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick reply...

I have not once in my life used Easy Debian. Porting Sylpheed to Maemo 5 may seem like a cumbersome task, but having native apps helps. A lot.

Do you have a source code readily available somewhere? I am not a fan of SVN (which is used by Sylpheed developers?); I prefer something readily open-able by browser and-or text editor. Could you please attach relevant file here, or paste code into pastebin? I have coded in GTK+C, long ago, for virtransim.

Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
@wikiwide : i am attaching the files. after lots of ( ~12 )hit and try with hbox, vbox and scrolled window, i managed to get the things in ne window. it wil really be help ful if you ould write tutorial for attaching scrolled windows in gtk.. that is one solution to evry out of screen problem ?? but where do i attach the files ???? no option to attach the file ..

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick reply...

"Go Advanced" button will allow you to attach files to the TMO post. Limits: file size, file extension (rename x.c to x.c.txt, probably? not sure).

Best wishes.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post: