I've googled far and wide, and I haven't been able to find answers to my questions, but on the plus side I found this very interesting forum! I hope you are able to give me an idea of how I progress from here.

I decided to resurrect my beloved n9, and bought a fairly cheap digitizer and screen replacement on ebay (I've later learned about the quality grades, the replacement was of grade A). Replacing the screen went very smooth, but the screen had a lot of "ghost moves", like many people experience when they use cheap chargers. (I've got the original nokia charger still). I then opened it and closed it again, and in the process I broke the proximity sensor, as I failed to replace the double-sided tape holding it in place. (Or maybe it had begun to tear after my first operation). I've read many places here, what having a broken proximity sensor entails.

After a hard reset and some playing around with it the "ghost moves" are far less frequent, when they do happen I usually have to turn it off, and wait 10-30 minutes to restart it, or else the touch-screen won't work.

It also seems as if the bottom of the screen won't work. I cannot swipe from below and cannot access the quick-launch bar. When the phone do go bat-**** crazy and autonomously presses the screen itself it is always at the bottom of the screen, both when I hold it horizontally and vertically. I'm wondering if maybe the screen is pressed from inside the phone, unto the glass, therefore making the 'ghost moves'.

The questions I need some insights on are:

Will replacing the proximity sensor affect how the touch screen work? (ie, are swipe from below linked to the Proximity sensor?)

Is it most likely that the new screen is faulty? (I've still got warranty, though its from china.) or,

Is it the rest of the phone that have suffered to much from the fall that broke the screen and glass - And some of the hardware are putting strain on the touch screen from inside the phone?

Will a factory reset be an idea instead of just a hard reset?

Thanks in advance.

The Following User Says Thank You to Uffargh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 102 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ Northern WI, USA
Hmmm, do you have a link to the page where you bought the screen? I'd like to check it out before I take any guesses at what the problem is.

The Following User Says Thank You to kapu2 For This Useful Post:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LCD-Display-...:X:AAQ:US:1123

I recieved the screen the 3rd of january, and the seller claims theres 30 day warranty.

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to Uffargh For This Useful Post: