Notices

Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Aha!! I just checked Ebay here in the states, and Wannsee is also listed here! (Although it looks as though their ad has been automatically translated to English, so I dunno if Ebay is just listing international sellers now. I'm not really an Ebay expert...) Thanks, I will give them a shot!

EDIT: Just got a confirmation note, written entirely in German. So I'll hopefully be able to test out Polarcell myself in a week or two...
I ordered 2 batteries from them like a month ago and they shipped quite quickly (I'm in Europe). I already had 1 battery ordered like a year or 2 ago and had no issues with it. Quite reliable (the batteries and the seller).

And yes everything is in German but I didn't have to communicate with them (but I guess they could send you some reply in English).

All in all it is a good seller with a good product.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Malakai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 88 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Spain
Originally Posted by Malakai View Post
I ordered 2 batteries from them like a month ago and they shipped quite quickly (I'm in Europe). I already had 1 battery ordered like a year or 2 ago and had no issues with it. Quite reliable (the batteries and the seller).

And yes everything is in German but I didn't have to communicate with them (but I guess they could send you some reply in English).

All in all it is a good seller with a good product.
Do you think that your last order of polarcell haves the same performance than your old polarcell batteries?? I was read here that de actual supplier of them have poor quality than before..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xiskillo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xiskillo View Post
I was read here that de actual supplier of them have poor quality than before..
For me it was the same supplier from whom I bought one or two years ago and one month ago.

Originally Posted by xiskillo View Post
Do you think that your last order of polarcell haves the same performance than your old polarcell batteries??
Sadly I had to buy another N900 as mine had hardware problems and I didn't had the time to install back everything, so my usage of the N900 now is quite limited (some short phone calls, sms, IM and some light browsing) so I couldn't come with an objective answer. But the feeling is that the battery I ordered last month is as good as the one I ordered last year. From the 2 ordered last month I only used 1 as the second one is a spare battery that will be used in case the first one fails somehow.

Sorry for not giving an exact answer (with numbers to justify my feeling that this one is as good as the one I ordered last year).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Malakai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Hey, I just received my Polarcell battery today, and not a moment too soon -- the only BL-5J battery I had left is no longer holding much of a charge, so I've been mostly N900-less for a week or so. Things look good so far -- for one thing, the battery fits snugly into the phone, unlike the "official Nokia" battery I ordered off of Amazon last year; no more battery rattling around in the phone! Once I get it charged, I should be able to get back to real coding again...

I haven't been doing any serious statistics on the performance of my batteries, but I'll try to keep an eye on whether the Polarcell has any significant benefits or flaws during usage, and report back here.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
I haven't been doing any serious statistics on the performance of my batteries, but I'll try to keep an eye on whether the Polarcell has any significant benefits or flaws during usage, and report back here.
And perhaps grace the venerable battery thread with your observations? An important thread in it's day, now a little outdated.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
And perhaps grace the venerable battery thread with your observations? An important thread in it's day, now a little outdated.
I'd be happy to, although I've really never spent any effort collecting statistics on batteries before. For me, I mostly just need the battery to give me a few hours of use away from my desk each day (especially now that I don't use my N900s as phones). But I'll see what I can do...

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Hi folks! Version 0.3.7 of Orecchiette is now making its way up to extras-devel. This one just has a quick fix to a rather embarrassing cut&paste error I made in my code, causing the phone recording feature to fail. Hopefully, it should work correctly now, but I can only do limited testing on it (as I don't use either of my N900s as a phone any more); so, please tell me if you have any trouble using it! Thanks.
Hello! thank you so much for the updates!
Question.
When I receive a call, and wish to record the phone call after it has started, it fails when having the audio record setting to seperate mic and speakers to L and R, it gives a gstreamer error. If I flip it to centered recording, it works. I'm on CSSU Stable.
Any possibilities for a fix?

Kind greetings

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dongle Fongle For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dongle Fongle View Post
When I receive a call, and wish to record the phone call after it has started, it fails when having the audio record setting to seperate mic and speakers to L and R, it gives a gstreamer error. If I flip it to centered recording, it works. I'm on CSSU Stable.
Hmm. This problem only happens while recording a phone call? I don't see any immediate reason why that would be happening (on CSSU or not), but I'll take a closer look.

Also, if you could, can you note down the gstreamer error message? That would get me closer to the specific line of my code that is failing. Thanks!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Hmm. This problem only happens while recording a phone call? I don't see any immediate reason why that would be happening (on CSSU or not), but I'll take a closer look.

Also, if you could, can you note down the gstreamer error message? That would get me closer to the specific line of my code that is failing. Thanks!
yes!

error: Unable to create gstreamer element: audiopanorama

actually it also happens when not in a phonecall, I just noticed.

this is with L and R split, in both directions (mic L/speaker R or mic R/speaker L)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dongle Fongle For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dongle Fongle View Post
error: Unable to create gstreamer element: audiopanorama

actually it also happens when not in a phonecall, I just noticed.
Ah! Ok, that makes more sense to me. I need to check CSSU then, and see if they've modified the gstreamer package at all, as the L-R separation feature depends entirely on the "audiopanorama" plugin. (Although I'm not sure why they would have removed it.)

BTW, can I ask, have you made any changes yourself to gstreamer on your machine?

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia n900, pasta, recording