Active Topics

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
A netbook is possible, but the reason they have sold is because they are cheap. I've seen a few that are not even a year old that are on the verge of falling apart. Apple is unlikely to go that route. Would consumers be willing to pay for a higher quality netbook? I'm not so sure.

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Unfortunately, this design isn't going to be the one, because it comes from outside of Apple (and Apple doesn't tend to publish their concept designs like this) ... but, that said ... if their tablet ends up looking like this thing, I'd buy it in a second (imagine an apple-ified version of the OLPC2 concept).

I'd also be interested in buying a similar design if it ran Mer.

Here's the main pic:

And here it is with the lower half being used as a virtual laptop keyboard and trackpad:

I doubt I'd use it much that way, as I've said before, I hate virtual keyboards. I might in a highly mobile pinch, but I'd be more likely want to use it as a tablet, maybe with dual thumb keyboards for quick work. Then I'd just use my matthias folding USB keyboard with it when I'm at a desk/table.

The images say it's a 13" screen (A4 paper size) when fully flat open, and that each half screen is about 8.5" screen size. Unfortunately that doesn't fit with the 10" screen rumors (in either mode).

That thing as a 10" screen fully open, or as a 10" screen when in half-tablet mode, would be an amazing mobile device.

I heard that it was going be 10 inches. Which is to big for what I'm looking for.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...