ehmm... Returning to the issue with bluetooth connection, i have found out that all the problem is somehow connected to the idle timeout of bt connection. It means that lags starting only after some time of being idle, so if you are listening to music nonstop for hours you wont have any issues at all. However if you leave the headset connected being idle for about 20 min it will just lose the headset mode (icon in the status bar disappear) and will play lq music with no headset functions.

So the idea is that after 7-10 minutes of being idle bt connection automatically leaves headset mode.
And exactly when it starts happening, these lags that I described before can be seen.

Well, anyway could someone clarify: does the bt patch that came out with kp47 have sth to do with this idle timeout or not and if it does it would be nice to see some fix.

Considering pali`s the last post about this, i tried to enter those commands when lags were starting (with root access of course), but there were simply no output and the problem still persist (though i do understand that these commands were not for fixing, just to see error info, ain`t it?). hmm... How exactly they are supposed to work?

Just another interesting fact that i found out: once connected and not being used at all bt headset remains ok for unlimited amount of time, however if press play/pause the lags will follow after ~5 mins and if left unchecked - headset is just leaving headset mode after~10 minutes.

One last observation that i`ve made: I have deinstalled kp completely, and while running standart nokia kernel there were no issues at all with bt. Than i installed kp v46 that was ok for me beforehand. However as i got kp46 the problem appears which is very confusing to me. (So basically downgrading kernel isn`t a solution).

I don`t exactly know what it means but perhaps all this problem is somehow related to setting (or config files) that are not removed with kernel and which are applied as soon as you install it again.

Eventhough all this is pure speculation that based on plain observations that I`ve made for the last couple of weeks I hope that will help solving the problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to Darkslayer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Darkslayer View Post
Considering pali`s the last post about this, i tried to enter those commands when lags were starting (with root access of course), but there were simply no output and the problem still persist (though i do understand that these commands were not for fixing, just to see error info, ain`t it?). hmm... How exactly they are supposed to work?
There was only one small bluetooth patch in v47. And commands which are in old post show if your problem is related to this patch.

No output means this problem has nothing with bluetooth l2cap patch.

====

How to find where is this problem:

I thought that this problem is with l2cap patch (but from Darkslayer post, it is not true). I do not have bluetooth headset, so I cannot reproduce this bug.

So the only way is using git bisect on my git repository and find which commit break bluetooth. But this must do someone who can test this problem, can use git and compile+flash kernel.

Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Has anyone gotten this device to work?
I have also posted here http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=268
I have a davicom chipped Crystal Blue super cheap USB wired ethernet adapter that I can almost get working on my N900. I have in the past installed some scripts to try to get this working but the USB port was broken so I wasn't able to get anything working or charge for a few months.
Now with a new USB port I have read/write on flash drives, I can use USB keyboards, I also can get the Crystal Blue ethernet adapter to light up and an option called WIRED appears in my Internet connections options and automatically attempts to give my programs Internet access unsuccessfully.
The driver seems to be available for the Davicom and is listed as compatable with the N810, but none loads on my N900 and then obviously no interface appears in ifconfig.
I am having trouble finding definite info other than the os2008 stuff which obviously will not work with a N900.
I run /usr/sbin/usbEthUp.sh and it says that /lib/modules/2.6.28.10-power47/usb2net/modlist is not present
Is there a USB ethernet adapters faq like they did for os2008 that I am missing?
I know the davicom chip is flaky but this adapter successfully connects when used with my laptop.
tried sudo modprobe usbnet, no love at all.
I am sure I am missing something stupid and this is possibly a few keystrokes away and a few files for someone who actually knows what is going on.
I also looked at http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1002480 and didn't see anything useful, again perhaps overlooking the obvious.

First check if your usb device working fine on linux desktop. If yes write here which driver (kernel module) is using your device. In kernel-power is not compiled all usb drivers, so this is problem why it does not work. I can enable compiling more drivers in v48 - but I need which...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Originally Posted by pali View Post
First check if your usb device working fine on linux desktop.
Thanks pali, kickass work to you and KP team, here you go
eth1: register 'dm9601' at usb-0000:00:1d.0-2, Davicom DM9601 USB Ethernet, xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

The Davicom/Crystal Blue USB ethernet adapter works on my Ubuntu Laptop.

Last edited by biketool; 2011-06-26 at 05:59. Reason: add information

Ok, thanks. Kernel module DM9601 was enabled in my git repository.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Well, I have 1 more question: how to deinstall kernel power completely with all relevant folders, settings, configs etc. So it would feel like it has never been installed before.
I`ve succesfully uninstaled it via xterm and second time via special app, however still i suspect that some settings that came out with kp47 still remains in the system. (eventually if you try uninstall it with app it says that "setting will be kept but wil have no effect" - [logic]until you install kernel once again[/logic]).

Previously when i had kp46 when the device was booting up there were some coding on the screen with some options to choose (i believe it has sth to do with multiboot), and after upgrading to kp47 those xterm stuff was no longer visible. Even though I really dont care about this "coding on the boot", there is a strange fact that since i deinstalled kp47 and installed kp46 once again that "coding on the boot" didn`t reappeared, which actually makes me think that kernel versions have some setting files that are remaining on the device even when you deinstalled kernel.

So, could someone please point me what to erase to make system forget about kp completly?

This is about kernel-power v47:

To flash back Nokia stock kernel (+ uninstall kernel-power) use menu entry "Deinstall kernel-power".

To uninstall all kernel-power packages run as root:
Code:
apt-get remove kernel-power kernel-power-modules kernel-power-bootimg kernel-power-settings
To remove all configuration files run as root:
Code:
rm -rf /etc/kernel-power
rm -rf /lib/modules/2.6.28.10-power47
===

I will fix "Deinstall kernel-power" menu entry to uninstall *only* kernel-power zImage and flash back Nokia stock kernel. All other kernel-power parts (bootimage for multiboot, kernel-config, ...) will be uninstalled by HAM (or apt-get). This behaviour will be in v48.

I checked and fixed all postrm scripts in my kernel-power git repo. After uninstalling all packages from HAM (expect kernel-power-flasher with name "Linux kernel for power user") will also remove all config files.

Package kernel-power-flasher will be possible to uninstall only via menu entry "Nokia kernel" (Before it was "Deinstall kernel-"). This will downlaod original Nokia kernel, flash it and then remove kernel-power-flasher packages (+run autoremove).

Bad news about packet injection driver for power-kernel.

I contacted more times David Gnedt, author of wl1251 packet injection patch, but without responce. Two Months ago he wrote that he prepairing scripts bo build wl1251 driver from compact-wireless for kernel-power. So I was not doing anything with driver wl1251. He does not responce on my mail about state, so If somebody still waiting for wl1251 driver from compact-wireless can still wait and belive...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou