Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by nicolai View Post
This and the fact that those people spend weeks/months/years
in their projects are the reasons why the should have been reward
in the Community Awards. But I don't see that the Coding Competition
is the right place for this. And of course, never change the rules
of the running competition.
The "Coding Competition" organisers have already said they can participate in "Updates and development on existing apps (2 N950, 1 N9)" category.

It is not the ideal solution, I know. But it is important to have at least one good solution.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following User Says Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
The "Coding Competition" organisers have already said they can participate in "Updates and development on existing apps (2 N950, 1 N9)" category.

It is not the ideal solution, I know. But it is important to have at least one good solution.
Best solution would be to ask eyes, isnotabigtruck and qole if they are interested in participating in Coding Competition at all

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
I am donating/diverting my Nokia N9 (award from "New Apps for Nokia Store" activity due to "SymPy Interactive Shell" software) to itsnotabigtruck :

Topic "Donating (award) devices to eyes, itsnotabigtruck and qole ?"

If possible anybody (from "Community Awards" or "Coding Competition") could help to exchange the N9 for a N950, as a N950 was the preference of itsnotabigtruck.

And feel free to donate to eyes and qole, they need a N950 and N9, respectively.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Last edited by rcolistete; 2012-06-29 at 17:26.

The Following User Says Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
As far as I know, qole isn't interested in receiving one.
---

kojacker, I'm really sorry, that this mess was pushed - despite Your attempts to keep it away - to thread of Coding Competition, which I treat as one of best initiatives created by Community (starting - as You mentioned - with micro pool). I would really, really love, if more people would try to start something like that themselves, instead of trying to hijack Your prize pool.

Seriously, from deep of my heart, I'm really sad that you must be distracted by this.

/Estel

// edit

rcolistete, it's nice to hear, that you've decided to donate Your device, but what does it have to do with CC? I think You should be keeping it to Your own thread. No offense intended - it's just 4th place, where I see same copy&paste set of posts, and it's getting a little spam-like.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
I notice on the MWKN that our maemo.org competition has some friendly competition of it's own, from the Openmobility.cz summer competition! They have 3 prizes up for grabs, a N9 and 2 N950s.

Openmobility in corporation with Nokia proudly announces this summer’s developers contest in Qt development. The Qt framework is currently running on devices using the operating systems MeeGo Harmattan and Symbian^3. To participate you have to create an application for these telephones using Qt and QML. As the main prize you can win a new Nokia N9 running on MeeGo Harmattan and there are also two Nokia N950 developer devices waiting for their new owners.
The deadline for entries is September 30th, which is after our deadline, and there's no reason (I see) why anyone who likes to couldn't enter both. So I just thought I'd mention it.

By the way, a big formal competition welcome to rfeese, rainisto, jackburton and ajalkane who have added their names onto the wiki since I last checked rainisto is 'bringing with the rain' with not one but THREE entries Good to have you all onboard

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-07-02 at 14:10.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
By the way, a big formal competition welcome to rfeese, rainisto, jackburton and ajalkane who have added their names onto the wiki since I last checked rainisto is 'bringing with the rain' with not one but THREE entries Good to have you all onboard
I entered last year with 5 applications. Hope to see someone beating this number!

Not sure if I will find enought time to participate this year... and the lack of good ideas for a new applications is the second problem. But we will see. Good look to all current participants.

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
Hello all....
I am new to this forum..
Anyone can tell me how to register for summer 2012 coding competition...????

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adityamhatre For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by adityamhatre View Post
Hello all....
I am new to this forum..
Read first page or read here. Good luck!

http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo.org_coding_competition_2012

And welcome

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by helex View Post
Not sure if I will find enought time to participate this year... and the lack of good ideas for a new applications is the second problem. But we will see.
Oh you better, it wouldn't be the same without atleast one application from you helex!

Originally Posted by adityamhatre View Post
Hello all....
I am new to this forum..
Welcome adityamhatre As Dave999 rightly says above have a look at the wiki, and add your name onto the 'Participants' table too so we can remember about you (if you're not sure how to edit the wiki then just leave your details here and someone will come along and add them in for you.)

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
We just got a donation by ZogG.
Thanks!

Check all donations here: http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo.org_Codi...ity_Prize_Fund

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:

Tags
happy new year, mcc2012, merry christmas