Active Topics

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
I think Nokia is profitting a lot from your work, Andre! Your efforts should be rewarded, as your work is exemplary. You act as the perfect advocate for Nokia - correcting many of their shortcomings.
I haven't been a NIT owner for more than a half year, so I'm not that much into Maemo history prior to the N900. I do however sit here with a clear impression, that Maemo wouldn't be where it is at today, if it wasn't for your work (along with qgil and GeneralAntilles).
Nokia definately should look into your work and become inspired to improve themselves regarding direct customer contact (bug reports, developer blogs and public announcements).

So "thank you" for your hard work. It is highly appreciated. A bonus "thank you" to your above mentioned colleagues, too. Others definately deserve thanks as well, but you guys are the ones, that've I've noticed in particular.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cthulhu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Second, I'm worried that you're ending up an enabler for Nokia's closed practices. You're making it too easy for them to keep operating as they are.
Thanks again. This sentence has been around in mind for some time now. I agree with you, and I'm considering some steps.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Andre Klapper View Post
Thanks again. This sentence has been around in mind for some time now. I agree with you, and I'm considering some steps.
I think the unfortunate thing that it doesn't matter now. Fremantle's basically in low maintenance mode at this point (whatever Nokia may claim), Harmattan is going to either be tracked in MeeGo.com or not publicly at all (depending on the particular product in question), and MeeGo is supposedly going to be tracking only on the MeeGo.com bugzilla.

So, it doesn't really matter much what you do at this point for Maemo. Personally, I'd like to start thinking about how we can bring your expertise to MeeGo moving forward, since they clearly don't have the experience dealing with community people, user and developer alike, that you do (especially users).

Either way, keep on rockin' on with yo bad self.

Last edited by GeneralAntilles; 2010-05-28 at 04:42.

Tags
andre, bug, bugzilla, feedback