Active Topics

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ India
Good to see LED blinking as I keep phone plugged into laptop via flasher command. As @thedead1440 said I will wait till it reaches 9-10% and then disconnect and put it for charging via AC mains.
Hoping for best here

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by jorge View Post
On a side note, flasher is open source, isn't it? Is it not possible to come up with a 'charger' tool that doesn't require a gigabyte image and cannot reflash if you only want to charge? Or is this situation too rare?
Flasher isn't open-source hence there hasn't been ways to downgrade etc

However, now that pali has created the open source fiasco firmware flasher for fremantle, patches can be added by someone who knows the workings of it in the future for harmattan too...

My mistake then, just saw some references about access to source code in WinFlasher folder license files.

Got a couple of smaller issues now after re-flashing. I only replaced the OS and all my data like docs, contacts, messages and photos remained untouched but my calendar data seem to have gone. I thought it was no problem because I had a full local Nokia Suite backup from a week ago but it doesn't seem to contain calendar entries. Is it gone forever or are there local files somewhere (since flashing shouldn't affet user data)?

And just to confirm, despite saying 'apps and settings' the restore procedure doesn't bring my apps back, does it?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Nope it doesn't bring back your apps; you have to use other backup methods for apps like using N9QTweak etc... I'm not sure of NS backup but if you use the backup feature on phone it does restore calendar as you can see the backup folder will have an organizer folder too which contains those entries...

Hi guys, i've a problem with my N9
I've hard-resetted this device with the option inside the settings application, then when it rebooted a rounded "working" icon apperars on the display, the status logo is always on and the flash on the back of the device is red.
I've flashed two times the PR1.3 firmware with harmattan flasher on linux, but i'm always there.
Any advice?

UPDATE: simply do
Code:
flasher -f -F main.bin -F emmc.bin --erase-user-data
then flash the firmware with
Code:
flasher -f -F main.bin

Last edited by gianguido; 2012-12-23 at 23:54.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
I seem to have bricked my N9 . It's a 64GB model, 059M5V1. It was running PR1.3, which it had been since I bought it.

I was shoveling snow and heard a couple of texts come in. I was wearing gloves, so I waited until I went inside before pulling the phone out of my pocket. When I did take it out, the clock didn't appear on the display, and the phone didn't appear to respond to unlocking with the power button or the screen double-tap -- i.e. the screen didn't turn on.

I left the phone for a while, wondering if it got too cold. I waited about 20 minutes and checked again. This time, a more detailed examination revealed that it did respond -- the "message waiting" pattern on the LED stopped after I unlocked screen (although nothing appeared) and then resumed after it timed out and relocked itself.

I tried to reboot, first holding down the power button for the long press (> 8 seconds), then trying to power up as usual. The LED came on, but the vibrator never buzzed. I repeated this a few times before consulting the flashing guide here.

First thing I did was a "replace operating system" flash. It seemed to work, but the phone still didn't appear to boot up.

Assuming I'd lost everything on the phone, the next thing I tried was a "comprehensive reset" but got the same result -- seemed to work but phone doesn't boot.

Only then I noticed the suggestion regarding "fixing malf state". Wished I'd read through that before comprehensive reset. I followed the instructions and mounted the rootfs, finding a /var/malf file. I deleted that, mounted the MyDocs and saw all my stuff was gone (as expected). Then I used photorec to recover my pictures and videos -- that worked great, BTW.

I made sure all the partitions were unmounted and unplugged the phone. Then I went back through the reflash process but still no boot.

At this point, I've tried comprehensive reset with and without zeroize. The phone just doesn't seem to boot to a usable state, but it does "sort of" turn on, since "flasher -i" sees the phone if I've used the long-power-keypress and does not if it's "kinda" running. I've repeated the fix malf state procedure, and have not found another /var/malf file.

The phone charged from the charger, with the LED acting normally, first "breathing" then stead at full charge. It also charged from the USB port on PC, and lsusb identifies it as: "ID 0421:0518 Nokia Mobile Phones".

Any suggestions at this point? I can post transcripts from flasher if that's of any use, but this post is already a little long.

Thanks,
Rob

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Nagpur, India
Guy my nokia n9 is not detected by pc when iI connect it to pc it says " NOT ENOUGH POWER IN ORDER TO CHARGE THE DEVICE " I TRIED TO CONNECT IT IN EVERY MODE BUT PROBLEM IS SAME ITS NOT AT ALL CONNECTING..... I have tried to flash my device but its not detecting my devics at time of flash also so please tell me what to do ....... Plz respond me as early as possible .........

Last edited by royalparthbisen; 2012-12-26 at 01:34.

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Can I get the N950 eMMC image somewhere (for usage with the leaked PR1.3)?
Thanks

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by royalparthbisen View Post
..... I have tried to flash my device but its not detecting my devics at time of flash also so please tell me what to do ....... Plz respond me as early as possible .........
I guess you are using windows OS. Open the one click flasher with 7zip or similar. Extract and install Nokia_Connectivity_Cable_Driver.msi. Now connect your N9 and it should be detected from windows and should get enough power for charging.
If this is the case everything is fine. Shutdown and disconnect your N9, start one click flasher and connect the phone again it should start automatically. Maybe some driver will installed and after that it should start flashing.
In the end you should see something like this:

Updating SW release
Success
Press Enter to exit & Unplug the USB cable from the device to boot new flashed image...
A better way is using linux for less trouble

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Can I get the N950 eMMC image somewhere (for usage with the leaked PR1.3)?
Thanks
Just use the ones from PR1.2 or PR1.1 (harmattan-dev.nokia.com, full links can be found in CC thread).

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
flashing, nokia n9