Notices

I have 2.1 now (N810) & was excited to see that my.gpodder.org appears to be back online. However, I cannot upload from gPodder. I get an Authentication Failed message. Is it me or a flat-out bug? Should I write it up? Steps:
1. Create a gpodder.org account.
2. Go into gPodder, go into Advanced settings, enter my.gpodder.org username & password, close dialog.
3. Choose "Upload to my.gpodder.org". I get the message "Authentication Failed". Sometimes gPodder crashes at this point, but often not.
4. Go to gPodder Advanced settings again. Note that the my.gpodder.org username is still entered but password is blank.

I have verified that step 3 blanks out the password.

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by buurmas View Post
I have 2.1 now (N810) & was excited to see that my.gpodder.org appears to be back online. However, I cannot upload from gPodder. I get an Authentication Failed message. Is it me or a flat-out bug? Should I write it up? Steps:
1. Create a gpodder.org account.
2. Go into gPodder, go into Advanced settings, enter my.gpodder.org username & password, close dialog.
3. Choose "Upload to my.gpodder.org". I get the message "Authentication Failed". Sometimes gPodder crashes at this point, but often not.
Yes, the wrong password is removed (because authentication failed, anyway). Be sure to use your e-mail address as password for version 2.1 and earlier, and be sure that you can login on the website http://my.gpodder.org/ with your login data (you can also use the username on the website).

If you still have problems, please file a bug. Thanks

Thanks! I had the username entered instead of my e-mail address (the password was correct). Now I can upload my subscriptions from my n810 and see them on my.gPodder.org.

It looks like my.gPodder.org doesn't have the ability to add or delete subscriptions. It's basically view-only. Is that correct? Is that a feature that will be added later?

Maybe answered my own question. This link says that managing subscriptions on my.gpodder.org is intended to be added. Yay!

Question: Where is the art stored for the podcasts? Also can we put a .jpg like we did before to have the art?

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by buurmas View Post
It looks like my.gPodder.org doesn't have the ability to add or delete subscriptions. It's basically view-only. Is that correct? Is that a feature that will be added later?
Yes, you can even promote it by adding it to http://bugs.gpodder.org (please note that bugs related to the web service "my.gpodder.org" have to be filed at gpodder.org, not at maemo.org). Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Question: Where is the art stored for the podcasts? Also can we put a .jpg like we did before to have the art?
For gPodder 2.1, the cover art is stored in

Code:
/home/user/MyDocs/Podcasts/[podcastname]/.cover
In the next version, this will be renamed to "folder.jpg", so that it is more standard and user-visible. For now, just save a JPEG of your choice as ".cover" (please note the leading dot) in the download folder in the podcast and refresh the podcast list or (re)start gPodder.

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Ever since the last gPodder update, I have to double-click the checkboxes in the list of episodes to download in order to check them. Just a minor annoyance, but I thought I would see if anyone else was having this problem and/or could provide a solution. Thanks!

Originally Posted by squirrel spur View Post
Ever since the last gPodder update, I have to double-click the checkboxes in the list of episodes to download in order to check them. Just a minor annoyance, but I thought I would see if anyone else was having this problem and/or could provide a solution. Thanks!
I have the same with 2-1.

Originally Posted by squirrel spur View Post
Originally Posted by paulgosling2828 View Post
I have the same with 2-1.
There is no version 2-1, you probably mean 2.1-1. You can use the Application Manager to find out which version you ahve installed.

The forums are a bad place for reporting bugs. A better place is the bug tracker. Please file a new bug report at https://bugs.maemo.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=gPodder and mention that you are using the Maemo 4 (N800/N810) version of gPodder. Thank you

Tags
media, podcasts