Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Originally Posted by Gusse View Post
There seems to be a bug with scaling. Scale > 93%, picture disappear totally. Tested via control panel setup.
Tested with 2 TV sets.
Idem. The same thing happens to me.

Last edited by WhiteWolf; 2011-11-30 at 15:38.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Oulu, Finland
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
At the same time, I doesn't have anything against removing on/off from desktop widget - little inconvenient, but, if it's available from CP, it's ok.
I would prefer to have the on-off toggler in the desktop widget as well. I thought the point of desktop widgets and status applets was that you didn't have to resort to slowbrowsing through either your menus or the control panel when you need something done quick in an unusual situation.

(Edit: Yeah, or when you need to do something so often it's annoying!)

Last edited by Raimu; 2011-11-30 at 16:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to Raimu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Can't agree, and please, don't even think about it.

N900 turns tv-out automatically, when a resistance of ~75 Ohm is detected, between appropriate pins of jack socket. Particularly, it's result of it detecting such resistance on plug, due to it being connected to composite video in of TV - resistance there *should* be 75 Ohm.

Ho ever, many TV's - especially new ones - doesn't follow rule of 75 Ohm (it was technical reason, not a rule of thumb - some part got such resistance in older TV's), and, in "worse" cases (at least for our device), it doesn't enable composite in (and such 75 Ohm resistance), unless it detect signal.

At the same time, N900 doesn't enable signal, until it gets 75 Ohm. So, both devices are waiting forever for each other. In times before TV-Out control widget, one need to prepare special cable, with 75 Ohm resistor bundled inside, and switch, to "cheat" N900 into detecting 75 Ohm, and quickly turn switch, so TV detect signal - and hope, that it will be detected by N900, again, before it disables signal "thinking", that TV cable isn't connected.

So, with all due respect, ideas of disabling manual control over TV-Out, should be fought with fire. I don't care about noobs messing up in their control panel - if someone doesn't understand basic things, he/she got enough things inside controls, to f*** everything this way or another. If someone doesn't feel confident with changing settings, let them stay away from control panel.

At the same time, I doesn't have anything against removing on/off from desktop widget - little inconvenient, but, if it's available from CP, it's ok.

/Estel
I found one bug (thanks to Merlin1991 on IRC!) which badly detect connected type. I fixed it and now I rebuilded deb packages. After updating is needed to reboot device.

If someone else has problem that when tv output is working and status menu entry is not shown post output of this command:
Code:
lshal -u /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/platform_soc_audio_logicaldev_input

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by pali View Post
I found one bug (thanks to Merlin1991 on IRC!) which badly detect connected type. I fixed it and now I rebuilded deb packages. After updating is needed to reboot device.

If someone else has problem that when tv output is working and status menu entry is not shown post output of this command:
Code:
lshal -u /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/platform_soc_audio_logicaldev_input
Works fine now