Posts: 77 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
Great App!! Thank you!

Originally Posted by Aranel View Post
c) It doesn't give any sound sometimes, I had to stop/start radio to get it working again.
Noticed that too. It happens to me almost every time I scan up/down. It finds the next station, prints the name, but sound stops, and I have to go to settings-> stop radio, and then start it again. I also get the following in dmesg:
Code:
[101433.937408] wl1273-fm 3-0022: wl1273_fm_write_cmd: Cmd: 102 fails.
EDIT: Oddly enough, after I reflashed the device and upgraded to PR 1.2, and then reinstalled the radio app, I no longer have this problem. Maybe it was a firmware bug?

Last edited by YavkatA; 2012-02-28 at 08:22.

The Following User Says Thank You to YavkatA For This Useful Post:
Posts: 198 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Dubrovnik, Croatia
installed it, but it doesn't work... N9, PR1.2, dev mode on... latest fmrx 0.2.0 downloaded from the link in the first post even can't be installed - getting "can't install - invalid installation package"... installed fmrx 0.1.3 with success, then installed QML Radio 0.0.4, app started, but it just doesn't work for me... can't scan, can't hear even a white noise... any idea?

Last edited by Zelig; 2012-03-05 at 11:13.

Originally Posted by Zelig View Post
installed it, but it doesn't work... N9, PR1.2, dev mode on... latest fmrx 0.2.0 downloaded from the link in the first post even can't be installed - getting "can't install - invalid installation package"... installed fmrx 0.1.3 with success, then installed QML Radio 0.0.4, app started, but it just doesn't work for me... can't scan, can't hear even a white noise... any idea?
You must install all the three debs Javispedro provided. Use the terminal to do so with dpkg. If you have no clue what dpkg is this is what to do:
Put all the 3files in the MyDocs folder (it's the first one you get when putting the device in mass memory mode).
Open terminal
Type "devel-su", press enter than type "rootme".
Type "dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/fmrx*" and press enter.

The Following User Says Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 198 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Dubrovnik, Croatia
thanks, mate - it works now... just a suggestion - include these tips into the first post, just to avoid these kind of questions I've been asking...

[tw] @kegnatz

The Following User Says Thank You to Zelig For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Thanks for this awesome app! Some of feature requests though.

1. Implement automatic stations scan and save to stations list with rds station name.

2. When manually adding stations to list, suggest current rds station name instead of empty/last input.

3. Add more quick station slots. And show station name instead of frequency.

The Following User Says Thank You to Z3tor For This Useful Post:
Version 0.0.6:
  • Signal strenght is now shown.
  • Added AutoScan feature (will spam your stations list, be aware).
  • Adding a station will set the RDS name in the text field.

Options to come: exporting/importing stations lists, to create presets for different places/to suit everyone's tastes.

Download it here.

EDIT: forgot the download link...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 290 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Barbados/London
it may be better to start putting the updated versions in the original post...rather than having to go through all the pages to find the newest
version....

Originally Posted by RobertHall View Post
it may be better to start putting the updated versions in the original post...rather than having to go through all the pages to find the newest
version....
I agree, it's too hard to check the last post having the updated deb there.

Anyway the first post has the link to the latest version, I have to post something to bump the thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by gionni88 View Post
Version 0.0.6:

Options to come: exporting/importing stations lists, to create presets for different places/to suit everyone's tastes.

Download it here.

Wow this is becoming quite slick, nice job gionni & especially jpedro

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-03-11 at 18:17.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by gionni88 View Post
Version 0.0.6:

Download it here.

Sweet! Thanks a bunch!