Notices

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
Not showing up for me for some reason.
It should.....

If you don't want to wait you can install the deb directly:
http://repository.maemo.org/extras-t...0.11_armel.deb

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

The Following User Says Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Big thanks for all your work. I've finally got working Google Maps on my phone (easily my most missed app while on the N900).

I don't post often, but this is special. Thank you so much!

Cheers,
Phono

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
It should.....

Groovy! Thanx!

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
It should.....

Nice!

However, this version no longer pulls the traffic layer. This layer remains selectable from the drop down menu but their is no change in the display.

SLN member # 009

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Philly
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
Nice!

However, this version no longer pulls the traffic layer. This layer remains selectable from the drop down menu but their is no change in the display.
You need to disable and then re-enable the traffic layer each time you start to view it. I guess thats a bug.

The Following User Says Thank You to zerone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 218 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany , Thüringen
i tryed your tool and i havve a question about it. Iam from Germany and if i try the Local Search to my Area i get a "invalid Argument" Error.

How does the tool work? do i need to Download the Google Germany Map before i know there are tools like Trackbuddy from another Smartphone OS wich working this way.

hope somebody could Help me. Crown

Originally Posted by crown77 View Post
i tryed your tool and i havve a question about it. Iam from Germany and if i try the Local Search to my Area i get a "invalid Argument" Error.

How does the tool work? do i need to Download the Google Germany Map before i know there are tools like Trackbuddy from another Smartphone OS wich working this way.

hope somebody could Help me. Crown
Crown,
It should work as it is. Are you trying to search with the "position updates" on or off?
If you don't mind I can tell you how to run from the command line so I can get the "log" and figure out the problem.

run on the x-terminal:
Code:
 /opt/crochik/geeps 2>/home/user/MyDocs/geepslog.txt
then on geeps make a couple searches (make sure to turn the position updates on first so it knows where you are), exit the application and then send me the file:
Code:
/home/user/MyDocs/geepslog.txt
(*) using the filemanager it will be on your documents folder.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

@fcrochik thank you for the Help i will try out at home iam still at work. But until this maybe you can give me answer the card data (the maps) are loaded over wifi actually? so its not possible to use the tool without wlan or data plan?

Or can i preload the maps so its a gps only navigation like sygic?

Originally Posted by crown77 View Post
@fcrochik thank you for the Help i will try out at home iam still at work. But until this maybe you can give me answer the card data (the maps) are loaded over wifi actually? so its not possible to use the tool without wlan or data plan?

Or can i preload the maps so its a gps only navigation like sygic?
Crown,
Geeps is just a front-end for the "google maps" web site (and other web services) so it needs access to the internet. The map tiles (images) will be cached on the phone as you use them but the application won't work unless you are online.
Felipe

EDIT: to be more precise: not for the actual "google maps" web site but for a html page on my web site that uses the "google maps api".

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

well okay thank you again for the explain but the positioning works with the n900 inbulid gps chip and not online like googlemaps usually works so thats the big Plus becouse its more precise?