Active Topics

Closed Thread
Nice the email's "to" button and "send" button at the bottom are fixed again.

Now my question is. do more people have issues with email? (have this problem from day one with PR1.0) Sometimes the email client crashes back to desktop and opens all of a sudden after 15 minutes. sometimes an account keeps loading and doesnt give "inbox" shown. after a minute or so it shows up. Sometimes the first time it shows up instantly and when quited and opened again it takes a minute... email is very unstable. And im wondering why it does that.

Its like the email client is waiting for something... its very odd.

To be claer, its not the problem of the SSU. i always had this problem. can you guys look in to it and maybe try to fix this delay.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I don't know if these have been asked but I'll ask anyways. I like MicroB. It works just fine for normal browsing but there's two things that I really hate in it. There's no way to close the open window(s) if it's in portrait. Sure, you can end the task with the power-button and select "End current task" but other than that you can't just close the window.

The other one is the fact that we can't use the text-field in portrait either, though that's assumably by purpose (since we can't use portrait-vkb either).

Could these be fixed or is MicroB closed-source?

Last edited by rantom; 2011-02-14 at 10:17. Reason: Browser≠Window(s)

Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
i'd never try to be a "enabler" (thanks Dr Phil ), but I've always found the elitist RTFM attitude to be one of the most offensive things about the Open Source Community........

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onethreealpha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 221 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
No problems with my update, which is now showing meamo 11
Showing "20.2010.36-2maemo11" within the "Productinfo"?
Mine shows "20.2010.36-2" after the "update" and the forced reboot.
So what can I do? How can I check my device?

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Just a quick note about last night's update.
Fixed:
  • bug #11835: Logical ID shown / Translation missing for "Add attachment" dialog title in Modest
  • bug #11839: Show the previous e-mail after deleting an e-mail in VIEW mode
  • bug #11858: Unexpected repeated button To:
  • bug #11859: No bottom send button anymore
  • bug #11874: Impossible to select text once the email is scrolled
  • Replaced osso-applet-notificationlight and osso-applet-display with FOSS clones by Nicolai Hess (cloes #11913 and #11932).
  • Merged Thomas Perl's patches to configure font size in the application menu.

And a quick note about the last two lines there.
Nicolai has rewritten both the "Display" and the "Notification lights" applets in Settings, at first glance, you won't notice any changes (after all, that's why they're "clones"), however, if you apply CTRL+SHIFT+R, then you'll see the applets are displayed properly now, I'll add portrait support to the control panel in a future update (need to check the rest of the applets that don't work).

As for thp's patch, it allows you to easily change the font used in the application launcher, just edit /usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini and change the font in tile_font (task_nav section).

So thanks to nicolai and thp for their additions to the SSU
Also, thanks to naikel (not sure if he's on tmo) for the patches to modest.

I also added a preinst script to hildon-desktop, this should back up your current transitions in /usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini.old.

The Following 54 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by HugoSon View Post
Showing "20.2010.36-2maemo11" within the "Productinfo"?
Mine shows "20.2010.36-2" after the "update" and the forced reboot.
So what can I do? How can I check my device?
I don't edit that string so the Ovi store doesn't break, only way to check which version you're on is to use HAM/fapman to see which version Maemo 5 Community SSU package is.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 221 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
I don't edit that string so the Ovi store doesn't break, only way to check which version you're on is to use HAM/fapman to see which version Maemo 5 Community SSU package is.
Ok - HAM (within "Uninstall") says "20.2010.36-2maemo11" (details for "Maemo 5 Community SSU Package"); then the update did run... perfect and thanks for your help and efferort!

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North-west, UK
After today's update, my transitions.ini file was overwritten.
I expect this is expected behaviour, but as there's no real list of changes or announcement mailing list, it's kinda hard to know.
Just a head up, tis all.

The Following User Says Thank You to tomchiverton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by tomchiverton View Post
After today's update, my transitions.ini file was overwritten.
I expect this is expected behaviour, but as there's no real list of changes or announcement mailing list, it's kinda hard to know.
Well, it's still in -testing. There was a post about three above yours which described exactly that behaviour and how to get the old one back:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=605

It's also consistent with the behaviour of dpkg when encountering modified configuration files. Unfortunately, I'm not sure anything better can be much done (patches or suggestions welcome).

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
I wonder what the long-term solution for this is, as it would be awkward to keep that version number forever just so the Ovi Store doesn't break.

I guess one solution would be for someone to clone the "About Product" settings applet as an open source version (I assume the original is closed source) to allow an additional line giving the community update version number, but keeping the same major version number string for Ovi Store compatibility.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade