Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 206 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ London
I am thinking of buying Joikuspot as I feel there are too many problems that I personally experience with mobilehotspot.

But I was browsing their website and didn't notice any log-in or software updates section anywhere for current users.

So my question is, if I buy the Joikuspot app right now (current version is 3.1), will I have to pay for it again when a new version is released?

Or are the updates free once you have paid for the initial download? And if the updates are free, how would I go about updating?

I couldn't find this info. on their FAQs. Any help from you guys will be great!

Thanks in advance

Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
Updates are free, but further updates are highly unlikely. I bought it early on and there have been 2 updates I think, almost to coincide with Pr1.2/Pr1.3 but I could be wrong.

You will get an extra repository on your device for updating, so the updates are delivered OTA like any other.

[edit] The current version for N900 is v1.2.2, and it doesn't work with the overclocked kernels - although there is a manual workaround you can use.

Last edited by JohnLF; 2011-05-03 at 22:58.

The Following User Says Thank You to JohnLF For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Whats the differences with Joku and mobile hotspot?
Mobile Hotspot is bloody sweet (and free).

joikuspot seems to work more seemlessly and you don't have to worry about it funny at times. and its more responsive. and has more settings for you to play with. most arent really needed but still. it also gives you a list of whos connected to you. I think its worth the money

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 206 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by JohnLF View Post
[edit] The current version for N900 is v1.2.2, and it doesn't work with the overclocked kernels - although there is a manual workaround you can use.
Oh, I'm currently using a custom overclocked kernel. Could you point me to a link to the manual work around? I want to see if the work around is simple enough for me to follow before I buy the app

New kernel-power v47 has fixed problem with JoikuSpot_Bouncer

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Excellent, a good reason for me to take the plunge - now, is there a simple guide to installing this with multiboot? I currently use Titan's kernel and backupmenu but nothing else, so I would like to have multiboot installed and setup for stock, titan and pali kernels and space for Nitdroid and possibly MeeGo in the future?
I've seen the one you did for Kernel46 but could do with an up-to-date one. Would be happy to put all of this into a Wiki as I install it, for future use by others.

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Decided to install JoikuSpot again. My laptop can't connect to it, even though I have kernel-power v47 and I have tried to load manually the JoikuSpot_Bouncer module.

Phone: JoikuSpot 1.2.2, CSSU 20.2010.36-maemo14.1, kernel-power 1:2.6.28-10power47
Laptop (Arch Linux): networkmanager 0.8.998-3, kernel26 2.6.38.4-1

Last edited by laasonen; 2011-05-04 at 16:35.