Notices

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Rockville, MD, USA
And the correct URL is http://granule.sourceforge.net/

I have made a alpha release 1.2.2 of Granule. At this moment you need to download all dependencies and install them by hand. In the future, I hope I would be able to use garage repository instead.

Download and install files in this order:

1. libsigc++-2.0-0_2.0.10-1_armel.deb
2. libglibmm-2.4-1_2.6.1-1_armel.deb
3. libgtkmm-2.4-1_2.4.10-1_armel.deb
4. hildon-fmmm_0.1.2-1_armel.deb
5. hildon-widgetsmm_0.1.2-1_armel.deb
6. libassa_3.4.2_armel.deb
7. granule_1.2.2_armel.deb

You might need to reboot after installation (although, I hope that wouldn't be necessary).

enjoy,
-Vlad

Granule is very cool and looks like it might be just what I´m looking for. I have a question though, can it play wav files on the 770? I use another program on windows that has wave files associated with its language flash cards that are a huge help learning correct pronunciation.

I´ve read the instructions in the manual and realize it can be done on other linux systems but I´m pretty new to linux in general and totaly new to the 770 and am unsure if the sox is part of its install or if it can be installed on the 770.

Does this program work, or is there a simelar program for the N800?

Originally Posted by trbloomer View Post
Granule is very cool and looks like it might be just what I´m looking for. I have a question though, can it play wav files on the 770? I use another program on windows that has wave files associated with its language flash cards that are a huge help learning correct pronunciation.

I´ve read the instructions in the manual and realize it can be done on other linux systems but I´m pretty new to linux in general and totaly new to the 770 and am unsure if the sox is part of its install or if it can be installed on the 770.
Yes, you can play audio files on n770 as well. For that, you need to install gst-launch utility which is a part of gstreamer-tools. Enable "red pill" mode in the Application Manager, install gstreamer-tools and that should give you .mp3 playback support.

Then, convert your WAV files to MP3s and put them on n770.

Start Granule, go to the Preferences->sounds and set the sound settings to:

Sound Player: gst-launch
Sound Cmd Args: filesrc location=%.mp3 ! dspmp3sink

Make sure the 'Default Sound Path' is a valid path.

The sound player might be either gst-launch or gst-launch-0.10.

It is not as clean as it could have been with direct gstreamer support by the program, but it works for me. The only thing is you need to pace yourself playing sounds - if they are lengthy clips, make sure you don't start the next one while the previous is still playing. That will hose the gstreamer pipe and leave zombies behind (which the only way to get rid of is with reboot). So, pause before you play the next sound.

hope this helps.

Originally Posted by clq View Post
Does this program work, or is there a simelar program for the N800?
Granule v. 1.2.4 port to N800 is available. Either use .install link for quick installation or add 'extras' repository to you Application Manager list and you should be able to install it. For detailed instruction, please, consult the 'Nokia' section of the Download page:

http://granule.sourceforge.net/grapp_download.html

Posts: 86 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Moscow
i use the version for os2008 and impressed by the program's possibilities, though have a few suggestions:
1. option to ignore the case of entered words. By default, Maemo always starts the word from the capital letter and it's so annoying to see that 'incorrect' result was due to a single capital letter;
2. option to set 'correct' status by the part of the word, not full version. it's very useful in a lot of cases.
is there any hope to see these features implemented?)
thanks)

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2007 @ New Orleans, LA
I have been using this a lot and wonder if anyone has it working in diablo. I have it installed but when I start it, I get a loading message and then nothing. It does not open. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I haven't had a chance to load diablo or install its corresponding SDK. But you should have no problems with starting Granule from command line like this:

1. Utilities-> X Terminal
2. ~ $ granule --log-level=3 --log-file=granule.log

Then open a bug report [1] with the Bug Tracker and attach granule.log to your report so that I can examine the log messages to see what the problem might be.

[1] http://granule.sourceforge.net/grapp_bugs.html

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Germany
I got this on Diablo:

/home/user # granule
granule: error while loading shared libraries: libhildonmm-1.0.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

but my system has 2.0.1-2 installed.

Last edited by FrankWalzer; 2008-07-23 at 20:24.