Notices

Playing some videos with Kmplayer as frontend I had no sound, while same videos played well in default Media Player and MediaBox. The problem was due to specific codecs in those movies using cpu for audio decoding instead of dsp while Kmplayer itself is more cpu-demanding than abovementioned frontends. The problem was solved by overclocking the device.

Last edited by FlashInTheNight86; 2014-04-13 at 19:30.

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Afaik, mplayer only uses CPU for decoding while the other two uses the DSP + CPU. Which gives them a fair advantage over (K)mplayer
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by FlashInTheNight86 View Post
I want to watch fullscreen videos (without stupid annoying black stripes and without zooming - just stretch the vid to screensize) with the 720p libraries. I have problems when playing videos with multiple audio streams. What I tried so far:

1. Built-in media player - works well, but no fullscreen option.
2. Kmplayer - works perfect, but only for movies with one audio stream. When two or more - sound disappears on screen tap or volume change or whatever action I do, and usually not comes back until I do some rewinding back and forth.
3. Mediabox - works well, but no fullscreen option.

Purging and reinstalling KMplayer didn't help. Any solutions?
In Mediabox just tap on the screen while playing the movie to switch to full screen! You could also select the media renderer in mediabox settings to test for best results.
The usual limitations of the N900 are valid, nevertheless.

I think you're a little missinterpreting "fullscreen". OMP and vanilla Media Player all have fullscreen option - with respect for aspect ratio, which is why you have black stripers. OMP also have optiom to zoom, which get rid of black stripes, at the cost of leftmost and rightmost part of video.

What you want is, literally, "streetch to screen" (i know you used this term too, you just seem to use it and "fullscreen" for the same thing), which of course, disortes aspect ratio, horribly.

Why you would want something like that is beyond me, but, of course, I respect your right to find strange things useful. Sadly, I have no idea, except for re-encoding your files to contain only one audio track, for use with kmplayer.

BTW, as you want just to, literally, get rid of bonus audio tracks, you can do it in lossless way (good FOSS video editing tools have this option, if youmre not touching video stream, like in this case).

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
You can try this player. It's in beta stage so there is no keep aspect ratio option.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elros34 For This Useful Post:
I'm afraid it would require fixes in kmplayer code. It just wasn't created with multiple audio tracks in mind.

You can try requesting feature enhancement in OMP thread - it already have "zoom", so it could have "stretch", probably (especially, that backend is the same as in your kmplayer case). I think it wasn't implemented as no one, ever, considered it as useful feature

Other than that, there is only re-encoding. Either to get rid of additional audio tracks and leave video stream untouched, or to leave audios as they are, but stretch videos to 800x480 at encoding time.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

sure it works with mplayer, but AIUI, you want to use it with MAFW (just like OMP and vanilla Media Player).

If you don't care which backend you're using, try smplayer - it's frontend for mplayer that have GUI options for virtually everything that mplayer can handle, so I'm pretty sure it allows stretching to screen and disabling aspect ratio, not to mention handling multi-audio sources correctly. Once, I even played a music files via USB sound card connected to N900 via it (by using ALSA output instead of pulseaudio - try it with MAFW as long as you want, sadly, it won't work, due to undefined bugs in our pulseaudio implementations).

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ India
To be honest, I have no qt with maemo toolchain installed at the moment, could someone please compile and upload?
That is compiled, extract it then run qmvideoplayer

Last edited by Sohil876; 2014-04-10 at 08:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sohil876 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 130 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ India
Tried it, no sound at all and laggy in multiple-stream audios.
Strange works totally fine for me, no lags at all sound is perfectly fine too(single audio videos).

Last edited by Sohil876; 2014-04-10 at 10:46.

FlashInTheNight86, maybe you should look at gst-launch (e.g. gst-launch-0.10 playbin2 uri=file:///path/to/file)

The Following User Says Thank You to elros34 For This Useful Post: